PDA

View Full Version : Awsome Towing Machine

Norquist
06-13-2002, 08:39
Just got back from short vacation ND to AL 1750 miles each way.

First tow, pulling a Keystone Tailgator 25 foot toy hauler fully loaded, including 90 Harley FXRS.

Unbelieveable experience,as compared to my 98 Silverado 5.7 liter. There was not one hill I couldn't accelerate on. I haven't had time to figure mileage yet but will post it later.

Now the problem.. as I've read many times here before, and now, can't find the "busy shifting " problem between 4th and 5th at the slightest incline with cruise control on.

It's fine if I'm not using cruise, I can keep it from downshifting or, if I set the cruise to about 77-78 MPH it's also fine unless it's a really steep incline.

Can someone tell me what the updates or bulletins are so, when I take it in Wednesday the 19th (already made the appointment)I can "assist" them in getting it corrected with the right updates.

I probably have read all of them here (and can't find them now) but..without actually using the truck under towing conditions I could't appreciate what everyone was talking about. Now I know!

Any assitanace would be appreciated.

Thanks

GrayMax
06-13-2002, 08:48
Norquist,

I had the exact same problem towing my rig across country the very first time. I had the dealer look at it and they reprogramed the TCM with Bulletin #02-07-30-020. It cured the problem. Now I can tow with cruise on without the darn tranny shifting into 4th on the flats. Don't worry, just take it in and tell them the problem, and they should download the latest software update.

Cheers!

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: GrayMax ]</p>