PDA

View Full Version : Need Radiator

ulhpilot
12-21-2003, 03:56
Need recommendations for a radiator supplier. OEM 4-row core copper/brass, no 2 core aluminum like some suppliers are trying to sell as a replacement. gmpartsdirect.com states '6.5L Eng,Diesel, Refer to local supplier for price and ordering information.'? Original has been re-cored once, 12 year old truck ready for and deserves a new one.

cruzer
12-22-2003, 09:59
Good luck on Brass copper. I searched all over.
I purchased a 2 row alum/plastic Visteon, each row was 1" or 1 1/4", which is more than 4-3/8" tubes. The physical size and look was identical. I saw a Delphi replacement it was 1 row 1 1/2" tubes and the inlets and outlets were smaller(junk). I'm very happy w/my visteon, truck runs cooler than it ever has. Be sure to flush and use distilled water. I Purchased name brand off the internet, general search radiators, best price warranty and shipping. GM has been using alum/plastic for yrs and now most of them can be repaired. You can have rad shop install a new core to your old tanks.

Marty Lau
12-22-2003, 10:08
ulhpilot;
Check with Bill Heath he has a suggestion for replacements. He says they are bit pricey but have more capacity than OEM.

turbovair
12-24-2003, 15:32
Bigger radiator...(Insert Tim "the tool man" Taylor sign of approval here)

Journeydog
12-24-2003, 17:55
Bought a 4-row brass tank, copper/brass core, OEM replacement radiator this summer from Rock Auto (http://www.rockauto.com) . Shipped direct from the manufacturer (Transpro) for about $260. [