PDA

View Full Version : 2003 HD SILVERADO >Y U CK !!!!!!

Diesel Dave
08-13-2002, 22:11
Just saw a new 2003 Silverado HD w/Dmax on dealers lot in Alberta. One question......What has the designers at GM. been smoking? First off you see the hood....what happened to the powerdome hood we love. Thats why I bought the chevy over the gmc. It stood out over the the gmc , it's gone. The hood looks like the rear deck of a old Impala. Whats with that? Then the front bumper.....bigger & shaped more square than before. GM. still has not addressed the problem of the gap between fender & bumper. After driving in rain/mud the front bumper is a mess. Moving along the side of the body things are about the same. Now here is one positive thing I can say....I like the tail lights. Now that's a nice change. But I won't be getting a 2003 just for those. I'm glad I have a 2001. Hope GM. makes some changes in 2004/2005 because I think they messed up in 2003. :( :( :(

[ 08-13-2002: Message edited by: Diesel Dave ]</p>

NFLDMAX
08-14-2002, 05:22
I agree DD. The trucks never look good at first, but then they grow on ya.

csimo
08-14-2002, 07:49
I have heard more negative comments about the 2003 Silverado design than I can remember about any new model in a very long time.

I don't think it will "grow on" me since the Avalanche has been out for a while and I still think they look disgusting.

Chevy has made a huge error on this one, and if history repeats itself GM will ignore what the people want and keep it that way.

andy911
08-14-2002, 12:35
Just looked at an '03 Silverado 3500 CC D/A along with some other 2003 1500's on the lot. I still don't like the front end, but I have come to the conclusion that 1) The colour makes a huge difference to how bad it looks and 2) The HD's look a lot better than the regular 1500's.

Personally, I would go with the GMC right now but if Silverado's start piling up unsold on dealer lots, there's going to be some bargoons to be had!! :D

New interior is really nice (which was why I stopped by in the first place) and the Bose Stereo sounds great. I asked about the DVD system and the dealer rep said that these are all installed by a third party contracted by GM and not fitted on the production line. :confused: He said that they can have the identical units put into any CC by the same company. Anybody know if this is true??

TXDMAX
08-14-2002, 15:49
We had one on lot w/ a factory installed dvd player that was going to the local GM office, but we are not able to order them like that. I think your sales rep was trying to say that they can get the same system installed by an aftermarket installer and yes that is true. The factory system I believe is made by Panasonic.

JEBar
08-14-2002, 19:16
are the '03 changes strickly cosmetic (=fluff) or have they made any performance enhancements; ie. engine/transmission/running gear??? I for on wouldn't "not buy" simply because of the new front end but it sure wouldn't pull me off the road to look at it either ..... can see no reason to buy a new one when the '01/'02's are the equal of the '03's in mechanics and superior in looks :eek:

mackin
08-14-2002, 19:20
JEBar ,

What I've seen ,read,and heard 04's will get the up man ships.......Hopefully a new front end too.......

MAC :D

JEBar
08-15-2002, 17:17
10-4 Mack :cool: