PDA

View Full Version : possible Allison issue

LarryMann
08-19-2005, 16:59
I need help w/ an issue about allison tranny??? I have been told something that may cause my issue. However I wanted to see what you all thought. So here it is...
While I am driving w/ cruise on. It feels like the tranny kicks out for a second and then back in (happens several times).... Then the other day I was sitting at a stop light and the light turn green and I started down on the peddle and got not response for about 3sec. Then everything kicked in and tires broke loose and made lots of noise and off I went. I was told that it may be a servo that is bad in the tranny, but I want to see what you all thought before I spend allot of time at the dealership. Any info would be helpful. BTW.... I am running the juice but it has only been set at level one during these times.

-----------------------------------------------
Moved to the 2500/3500HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum ...

[ 08-20-2005, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: jbplock ]

Jake99Z71
08-20-2005, 06:40
Can you tell us what year your truck is? How many miles are on it? If you have had any updates on the TCM? If you post with a signature it helps us to answer your questions faster.

LarryMann
08-22-2005, 08:58
It is a 2005 w/ 6k on it. There were some updates done a few months back. The ECU & IPC were updated.

madmatt
08-22-2005, 14:31
remove the edge box and try it...any codes set??????

LarryMann
08-22-2005, 15:31
MadMatt.... This truck has done this since it was new. That is the small 1sec lag in the drive train. The other just happened, and that was the only time so far. My brother-n-law is a Mechanic at the GM dealership here, has checked it for codes. (No Codes) So I guess what I'm saying is the edge box has not made a difference. I have had the box off and still felt the lag. My dad who is a heavy diesel mechanic said it may be a servo, just going off what he knows from the big riggs. So I'm fishing for possiblities before I get the dealership involved.

Jake99Z71
08-22-2005, 15:52
Trying resetting the Garage Taps. That should cure the lag between drive and reverse. While your at it put it back in fast learn mode.

VANBC2500HDDA
08-31-2005, 08:21
My 2001 did this on steep hills, and I figured it out to be the Tranny computer was a little retarded ( ADD maybe redface.gif ) So I had to drive around for a couple days training it to downshift to 1st gear... as in my case on the hill it was stuck in 2nd or 3rd building hydraulic pressure then finally dropping into first... I thought I got rear ended the first time it happened