PDA

View Full Version : Final Word on Tire Size Adjustments

jgun
08-10-2003, 16:11
Sorry if this has been done to death, but I couldn't find the answer searching. I have a 2003 2500 HD DMax/Ali and I want to upgrade to 255/85's or 285/75. Can the computer and the DIC be adjusted to work properly with these tire sizes. Is there a programmer out there that will let me adjust them and not screw up the DIC or shift points?

Thanks in advance,
jgun

MAV
08-10-2003, 17:30
No issues with bigger tires.

The Predator, Hypertech, and Quadzilla tuners can adjust for tire size. The new Juice controller shows corrected speed on the unit and not on the speedo as I understand. The first 3 seem to be the favorites for adjusting tire size.

Camstyn
08-10-2003, 22:58
Why would you want to adjust for tire size? Just enjoy your 'free' extended warranty. :D By going from 245's to 265's your truck will go 103k miles until the odometer rolls to 100k.

With the H2 wheels and tires I just bought, my warranty won't be up until I hit 112,800 miles. It's a win/win situation, just add the % when you figure out your MPG.

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-11-2003, 17:30
Originally posted by Camstyn:
Why would you want to adjust for tire size? Just enjoy your 'free' extended warranty. :D By going from 245's to 265's your truck will go 103k miles until the odometer rolls to 100k.

With the H2 wheels and tires I just bought, my warranty won't be up until I hit 112,800 miles. It's a win/win situation, just add the % when you figure out your MPG. I ran 285's at first without reflashing. When I switched to the 33's on the H2's and reflashed to correct for the new size and the computer sees the right feedback it does make a difference in driving and shifting in my opinion.

Now that I have baseline rpm's for 45-85 mph I could drive with the tach and be within 3 mph I would guess.

Wonder if I refash for a very small tire and am running a really tall tire :eek: , imagine my mileage savings there tongue.gif tongue.gif .

Personally I have the Predator and it works good for me.

GMC ;)

jgun
08-12-2003, 11:43
Are there any units out there that will adjust for tire size, and read/clear codes, but not mess with hp/torque settings. I want to stay stock with the computer, but make sure shift points, speedo, and DIC work correctly.

HELP!

GM Smitty
08-12-2003, 18:15
With the Predator, you can keep stock tune, but adjust tire/wheel size, axle ratio, and read codes.

Josh

cmadmaxman
08-12-2003, 19:45
The Quadzilla will also adjust for tire size from 25" to 44" Dia. You can also take the speed limiter out as well. This all with keeping the stock tune. But if you get this don't use any of the tunes.......or THE BEAST WILL BE UNLEASHED! :D :eek:
And man it is hard to go back ;)
The tow tune will work for your needs and comes with a 150hp extreme tune. (Their site says 110 but mine came with the 150 hp extreme)