16/16.5 inch 8-hole reversible wheels. They are Model numbers
MHS-105-8 (front) and MHD-206-8 (rear).

I called the Balance Master company and they were not able
to match their products to year/model trucks...they were not
much help.

mackin
08-08-2003, 19:49
NO !!!!!!

I learned that the hard way ..... The offset is different and the wheel will get hung up on the caliper ....

Mac :eek:

chevmeister
08-08-2003, 20:00
Ok both wheels are 8x6.5 bolt pattern but since they are hub piloted they fit tight on the hub.
1998 hub 4.567
2002 hub 4.599
If they fit like there supposed to the hub bore will be .032 too small.
If you want to be sure measure the ID of the hub bore on the balancer and the OD of your hubs.
on edit: The rims will not fit at all but the balancers might.

mdrag
08-08-2003, 23:42
56Nomad,

I'm using CENTRAMATIC BALANCERS (http://www.centramatic.com/) with my 19.5" conversion - and they appear to be a similar set-up compared to the Balance Masters.

The balancers for the rear duals sandwich between the two duals, so different backspacing should not be a problem as long as the hole pattern is the same. The rear Centramatic balancers are made of galvinized sheet metal, approx 12 gauge - and if the BM are similar, a few minutes with a file could make them fit if the hub bore is too small...

If the hub bore on the balancers is too big, I would not expect a problem since the concept behind this system is to provide a dynamic balance and they should be able to adjust if slightly off center.

The front balancers are made differently - the Centrmatics are shaped aluminum and fit the front hub fairly snug - so a different wheel backspacing MIGHT cause a fitment problem.

Also, IIRC, the rear balancers had multiple hub pattern holes so they would fit a number of different bolt patterns. I think the fronts had only one set of holes, and were for a specific application.

There are a few pics of the Centramatic balancers in the Alcoa albums - check the first link in my sig. Good luck.

jbplock
08-09-2003, 09:19
Excellent info…The collective knowledge of this forum is awesome!

The front and rear Balance Masters (http://www.balancemasters.com/) have the same multiple lug-bolt hole patterns that mdrag described for his CM’s. With the BM’s the lugs are used to center the balancer. The center hole in the rear BM is 5.5” and the front has a 5” opening, Both would be larger than the rim center hole per chevmeister’s post. Since lug bolt patterns are the same, and the rear BM center hole is larger than the hub, the rear BM’s should fit a 2001-2003. But, based on mac’s post, the front BM clearance for the calipers/rotors needs to be verified. Both the front and rear BM’s are made from heavy gauge galvanized steel sheet metal. The rear is flat and sandwiches between the two dual wheels. The front is dish shaped and fits over the hub, caliper and rotor. On my 98 there was a lot of clearance for the caliper/rotor. The front BM diameter seems to be sized as large as possible and still fit into the dish shaped opening of the front rim. The BM’s conical dish is 12” at the opening, 8

56Nomad
08-14-2003, 16:40
Dang......

I just finished pulling the front tire off the dually. I measured the steel
mounting plate for the wheel. The face diameter measures 8.5 inches exactly, so the
MHS-105-8 (Front Balance Master) with the 8.25 ID will not work on the 01-02 Dually :(

[ 08-14-2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: 56Nomad ]