PDA

View Full Version : Allison Trans

Tommy turbo
08-15-2005, 16:13
I have a customer that wants to upgrade his Propane Truck Fleet. He is a diehard chevy man. I do all of his service work now. His Problem is all the Medium Duty Trucks As in C7500 Kodiaks are now equiped with the Duramax/Allison Packages. He cannot run Diesel fuel becouse he can run propane at wholesale cost. He wants me to Switch the duramax out for a 427. I can buy these from Jasper complete with propane fuel systems. My question is can I run the Allison Trans TCM with just a couple of engine inputs or is this just not going to work. Any one doing anything like this??

mklein
08-16-2005, 07:58
A customer of our recently purchased a trans controller from this powertrain control solutions (powertraincontrolsolutions.com) for a 1000 series behind a mechanical 6.5. He is still sorting some engine issues out, but it looks promising.

Tommy turbo
08-16-2005, 15:01
thanks for your thought and reply, but upon further research the 8.1 is still available in this truck. We will just use this and change to Propane. Thank you

Inspector
08-17-2005, 09:21
Have you thought about running the disel on CNG.
The shuttle buses on the airport here are diesel running on natural gas. It has to be cheaper to convert over to CNG than to change out the engines.
Denny

CaseyR
08-17-2005, 19:49
Inspector:
Are the buses running diesel with CNG as an assist (as I suspect) or has someone figured a way to inject CNG in sufficient quantity and at just the right time so that it can be used as the exclusive fuel? Would seem like a formidable engineering feat to do the latter.