PDA

View Full Version : My Totaled Truck, Repairs Complete

DeepVee
08-08-2003, 09:08
Not sure what's going on with my original post? For some reason I'm unable to update it, but it came back to the top.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005002#000000

The repairs to my truck were completed a few weeks ago. All seems fine so far. At first it seemed as though the truck was going down the road sideways but after looking at many trucks it seems they all have a tendency to appear this way. I plan on taking it to an independent shop though to verify that the 4-wheel alignment and everything else is OK.

There are some pictures of the finished truck here in the Repair folder if anyone's interested. It looks beautiful, basically all brand new on the front. The Chevrolet shop did a great job on all the cosmetic stuff. I can only hope it's up to snuff mechanically.

http://photos.yahoo.com/steveonot

I have GM Supplier pricing now on a 2004 Duramax order but the dealer wants to rip me off with a $20K trade-in for my 01', should be closer to $24K. MSRP on the 04' is $41,749, Supplier price is $36,709 no doc. fee & no advertising. At least my 01' is back now so I have time to figure out what to do. Although the truck seems fine I still don't want to keep it. I'm sure it will be hard to sell so trade-in may be my only option.

My wife and son are doing great, although any accident scene on the street or in a movie upsets my wife. She has been through a lot. This was her second major T-bone in 5-years with neither one being her fault. The last one totaled her all original 1968 Cutlass S.

[ 08-08-2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: DeepVee ]

oyazi
08-08-2003, 13:31
Thats a frequent assumption when viewed from the back as our eyes tend to put the front & read wheels on the same line when in actuality the rear axel is a narrower gauge (for turning) than that of the front. You are fortunate. Hope the occupants of the other vehicle have learned from the experience.