PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioner Fan Quits When Brakeing with trailer connected

royalglen
08-07-2005, 18:18
Something new happened this week while towing my 34FT 5th wheel trailer.Sometimes when the brake pedal is pushed the air conditioner fan cuts out. Do they share the same curcit fuse breaker?? I have towed the same trailer many miles with this 05 without a problem before. I would appreciate any advice I can get.

More Power
08-10-2005, 13:26
There are a few large common fuses that then feed several other (lower rated) fused circuits. Assuming you're using the OEM trailer brake controller harness, there might be an intermittent with one of the larger fuses (under hood electrical center).

If you spliced into the wiring for your trailer brake controller, I'd start there with the troubleshooting.

Jim

byronlj
08-10-2005, 18:40
I don't know if it is related but my buddy's 01 8.1 had a problem like this while towing. When he would brake all the indicator lights on the dash would go out. When his left turn signal was on his dash lights would cycle on and off with the blinker. We thought it was a bad ground in his trailer brake light but not. We finally replaced his car end 7 pin connector and that fixed it. I don't know if this helps, but did seem somewhat similar. Good luck.
Dave