PDA

View Full Version : Rumored styling changes for MY 04

kbrowns
11-03-2002, 11:17
I keep hearing, from various sources, that a styling change is coming,possibly for MY '04. But what I haven't heard is if it is for the GMC or Chevy or both. I finally have the chief on board and she has okayed a new pickup. I know I probably should run out and buy one before she rescinds the offer but I would like the VVT that the 04 Duramax is said to have(and the extra HP :D ). So if anyone has any info, please let me know. If the GMC gets a make-over like the Chevy did for '03, I'll be running as fast as I can to get an '03 GMC. THANX for the info.

Bobcat698
11-03-2002, 14:02
Can you people PLEASE quit complaining about the 2003 style change, JEEZ get over it already.
You are not going to change anything, at least for this model year.
By the way, the OTHER improvements besides the exterior design changes are outweighed by the interior improvements.
I really like the new radion & the Steering wheel controls.

Garrett

Runaway
11-03-2002, 14:15
I agree with Bobcat, I like the way the new "03's" look. A whole lot better than the ole bubble looking hood of the earlier models.

DuckhunterInTN
11-03-2002, 14:18
Calm down Bobcat...he wasn't really complaining or trying to get a a mid-year change or anything. He was just asking a logical question. Yes, some people are running it in the ground but you have to admit it wasn't chevy's smartest move.

As far as your question, the only rumors that I have heard are that they are going to change the chevy's back to something more like the 02's, but I doubt that will even happen (at least not next year). I wouldn't worry about the GMCs too much...with the sales boost they are probably seeing I doubt they will change too much.

[ 11-03-2002: Message edited by: DuckhunterInTN ]</p>

Kennedy
11-03-2002, 14:27
Who knows what they have up their sleeve???

I was shocked to see a change as early as '03 based upon past history. I'd have liked to see it stay the same for a couple more years myself...

Steve Cornell
11-03-2002, 16:30
I hope they do change them in 04, that way not only will have the best looking truck but one of the rarest. :D tongue.gif

j\k, I like the looks of the 03s just as well as the 01 \ 02s, around here sales have really picked up since the introduction of the 03s so somebody must like them (maybe just us crazy hillbillies) :D
but I'm sure the incentives have helped sales also.
There are a LOT of 03s on the road around here and I also see a lot on my travels in Ohio & PA so I don't think GM is going to go broke because they can't sell the ugly 03s

GMCTRUCK
11-03-2002, 16:53
It takes a good chunk of coin to restyle even the nose of a vehicle. I would be very surprised if GM spent that much $ for a one year "freshening up". I would expect the 04s to look the same but have more HP to match or top the competition.

Paintdude
11-03-2002, 17:40
I would guess the new front ends on the 03 chevys is a cost cutting option for GM..the front end might be made in Mexico with the Avalance..(sp?)

kbrowns
11-04-2002, 09:10
Bobcat,

I wasn't trying to fire anyone up. I was just trying to get some info. I prefer the GMC look over the new Chevy, although the Chevy is growing on me the more I see it. And yes the interior changes are very nice. That's the beauty of it all, if you like the Chevy's - great. If you don't you still have the style of the GMC's(always been a little partial to the GMC grille). I just wanted to find out if they were planning any changes for the GMC, if I'm going to spend 40k on a truck,I want to really like the look of the truck. Thanx for the input.