PDA

View Full Version : cant find it

letsgo
08-07-2003, 07:45
On the front differential there is suppose to be a breather pipe or vent and I am unable to find it, or I simply don

AlanL
08-07-2003, 08:35
Its not as much of a tube as it is a big cover/plug that screws in and happens to have a spot on it to connect a vent tube.

Unfortunately I can't give you precise directions to finding it, but I've seen the peice you're referring to, and the believe that the one for synth is white where the one for dyno is black.

Do a search and you should be able to find a couple of threads on it, along with a pointer to the bulletin that has a graphic on it.

Good Luck,

-Al

ColoradoSpringsToDaMAX
08-07-2003, 09:16
The vent is on the drivers side of the diff case, towards the front. It looks like a disk about two inches in diameter, with a nipple in the center connected to a hose that is routed up over the top of the diff. Hope this helps!

John

YZF1R
08-07-2003, 16:28
Oh, OK. Saw the topic and just had to see what this was about. :D

Descriptions above are correct. I had to look a little too. Not what I was expecting to find when looking for a vent.

Steve

jbplock
08-08-2003, 09:02
This is the GM Tech Link (http://service.gm.com/gmtechlink/images/issues/feb03/TLFeb03e.html#story13) article on the Front Diff Lube and cover. smile.gif