PDA

View Full Version : A/C Problem solved!

moisheh
07-31-2003, 20:22
My 2001 has always had great A/C. A few weeks ago while on a long trip from the midwest to Mexico I noticed that evry once in a while ,after being on the road a long time, the temp of the cold air and the volume seem to be reduced. The next day everything would be OK. While travelling in cities with ambient temps of 106 it still worked fine. Returned home and problem seemed to be worse. Then I noticed that the fan was making alot of noise. Removed the cover and checked the cabin filter. You would not believe the amount of dirt. They were both TOTALLY plugged. After installing new filters A/C is back to normal. Maybe some of the people with cooling problems should check their filters. Cheap easy fix.

56Nomad
07-31-2003, 22:28
The cab air filters are made of the same paper a hot tub filter.

I used one of those "orange" cleaners to clean
mine and they came out like new after drying
them. http://members.cruzio.com/~quailman/HowManyFilters.JPG

[ 07-31-2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: 56Nomad ]

DieselDixon
07-31-2003, 22:34
From what I have read is the 03's don't have the filters, and I think the 03's are the ones that are having all the AC problems right now.

AbqGeorge
07-31-2003, 23:14
Yeh, us folks with the '03s are probably just plugging up our evaporators with the dirt?

My '01's AC was definately better. Thinking about taking it in for a purge and refill. Seems the '03 may like a bit less R134 than what the manual calls for.

Sure been hot here in ol' Albuquerque.

Geo.

Ade
08-01-2003, 04:02
I just had my '03 to the dealer Tue. They changed the recycling switch. Works great now.