PDA

View Full Version : Awesome

WOJO 1
06-05-2002, 18:22
Newbie here. I have been reading for some time now and learned a lot from everyone here. After going back an forth with the dealer and the wife the truck is finally in the garage. Purchased May 16. To this point it has been great. Many compliments. 17 MPG on the first full tank in mixed city and highway driving. I can say that this is the most powerful truck I have owned. Lots of mods to do with time but???
MaxedOut, I see your from Reno as well and looking at your sig. I would like to see your truck.

hoot
06-05-2002, 19:14
Welcome to the forum and welcome to Dmax land.

Congrats.. Exactly like mine!

Good luck with it and feel free to ask away.

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

bluenote
06-05-2002, 19:15
Congratulations!

You should see the mileage and power improve some as you break your beast in a little. I noticed it right around the 10K miles mark with mine. These sure are fun to drive, you'll love it more and more as you get used to it. :D

Alli-max
06-05-2002, 22:18
Welcome WOJO!!

I have had my Max for about 14 months now, and 63,000 miles. I STILL smile when I walk out to it every morning.

Here are a few hints on this site, so you will know what to listen to.....

SoMnDmax, John Kennedy, mdrag, Pullinpower, peanutgrwr, mackin, and hoot are aLL full of bull_ _ _ _. and as for that Morepower guy..man.... he doesnt know a THING about diesels!!! :D :D

1st mod for you... get the Kennedy exhaust system. www.kennedydiesel.com. Then add the Edge JUICE. Also from Kennedy.

Kennedy
06-05-2002, 22:30
First mod (and cheapest) I would do is a Fumoto followed by frequent oil changes to get the break in crap/dirt out.

I would do as Dr Lee did when he broke in his new old 6.2 and dump the oil ASAP. From there, it's up to you, but I'd really like to see if the silicon content can be brought to single digits with 4 changes over 1000 miles or so. I did it in 3 changes, but over 7k mile period.

WOJO 1
06-06-2002, 07:01
Thanks all for the welcome. I have a very long wish list of things/mods that will get done. Oil changes though, can't wait on those. Have to take care of this truck, has to last a really long time.

01_Duramax_Dually
06-06-2002, 08:35
WOJO 1,
Congratulations and welcome to The Wonderful World of Disney...oooops I mean DMAX Amusement arena...., You have a full staff including Goofy, Stinky, Dopey, Schneezy...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I second Alli-Max....Ooops here comes the hate mail.....but you need to add NutNbutGMC to the list... :D

If you got a deep pocket book, a big shop, and some spare time, you can embark on knocking Mdrag off the Aftermarket add-on throne....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He has been there for quite sometime...

Carry On.... :D

BobNelson
06-08-2002, 07:21
Welcome.... we were all newbies at one time. Some of us (me) still act like it..

J Kennedy hit it on the nose... change the fluids. I attended the Rendezvous in BC this year and every Pro Tech started their presentation with "change your fluids".. A real eye opener.

Have fun with the truck.... I may not smile "every" time I get in, but I sure do when parked near a F or D.. :D