PDA

View Full Version : Need complete 6.5 and/or 4L80E trans ASAP

markrinker
03-29-2004, 13:22
As you may have read in my other post, my work truck is down with a broken crank. I spent the day looking at all options to get it back in service.

If anyone has a complete 6.5 motor for sale - let me know. (Yes, I have read the DP classifieds, and there is slim pickin's there...)

JoeyD
03-29-2004, 13:32
Check Kennedy's site, I thought I seen one for sale there. Otherwise call Avant or head to the dealer for a long block.

markrinker
03-29-2004, 13:45
Here is the funniest thing I found while searching the web high and low for 6.5 engines...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We sell large quantity of engines every day .... We keep all our customers happy and we have never received even one complain. The only few engines we received complains, we rushed another engine replacing the defective one along with a box of chocolates. We maintain a personal relationship with all our customers. You can be another happy customer of ours.For more information please call
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think I'll call it the "Forrest Gump" approach to diesel engine suppliers. You never know what your gonna get...

[ 03-29-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

eracers999
03-29-2004, 15:11
Mark;
Go to ATK engines and tansmissions on the web or call tony at 800-508-5999. I never bought an engine from them but their trannys are great. The really attractive thing about this company is they do most all the GM remans and i think their warrenty is a 100k on 3 yrs. Tough to beat. Payable nation wide or to you at 45.00 per hr.
My dealings with them have been very good.
Kent

JohnC
03-29-2004, 15:36
I've got a '93 engine with 50,000 original miles that runs great you can have for a reasonable price, but if you want it quick you have to figure out how to get it out of the truck...

markelectric
03-29-2004, 17:03
At one time Bill Heath had a new one sitting in a crate on his shop floor. Give him a call

Uncle Wally
03-29-2004, 19:33
Mark,

There was one listed in the tradin times (you should be able to get the same one as I get since your only 45 minutes away) for 2500 complete pan to intake w/o turbo. I saw it there a couple weeks ago. It has been listed for monthes. I thought about it for a while as a backup, but decided to spend the cash on an intercooler and transmission upgrade.

Good luck,
Waldo

markrinker
03-30-2004, 09:27
Wally -

I got the tradin times but could not locate it. If you still have the old issue - please let me know the guy's number. Its worth a call to check it out. Thanks!

Marty Lau
03-30-2004, 13:25
Mark;

My old neighbor who is a Truck Tech at the Chevy dealer said that if you get a GM engine and install it yourself it's covered for 3 years UNLIMITED miles where if they put it in 3 yrs 36,000 miles. Might check GMpartsdirrect for price? Just a thought.