PDA

View Full Version : Trans slip?

NEW2DMAX
05-31-2002, 12:23
What just happened? Pulling a 16' stock trailer (empty) pulled up to a stop sign , stopped completly for approx. 5 seconds or so then went to accel. and trans (allison) was in nuetral and in 1 to 2 second slip and then slammed into first real hard. Dealer ship said there is a computer upgrade for this problem. Has anybody else had this problem?

mackin
05-31-2002, 12:43
Your dealer is correct .. You are lucky the don't come to often as the stories I've heard here .......

MAC :D

mark45678
05-31-2002, 15:09
If I stop on a hill without useing the brake mine will do the same thing! Just tap the brakes to get the get the trans to down shift befor you start to power up! :confused:

DmaxMaverick
05-31-2002, 15:31
I just got the latest update. It seems that the downshift threashold is lowered (requires more throttle input), and the 2 - 1 downshift issue is a thing of the past. Let the dealer fix you up.

Diesel to the MAX
05-31-2002, 21:08
My tranny was slipping from time to time when it was cold, and I got the "update" about two weeks ago. It seemed to fix the problem, but it seemed to shift a little harder the first day or so and then settle down.

Just make an apointment and tell them whats happening and they will give you the "good" stuff to fix the problem.