PDA

View Full Version : DTC 23,27,84

Bill Volcko
12-18-2003, 10:16
Last night on the way home, an oncoming truck passed me and threw a ton of slush off his tires and hit mainly my grill. About 10 seconds later the throtle started acting weird. It seemed throttle responce was lacking like the cable was disconnected or something like that and soon the check engine light came on.

Well, I made it home and this morning checked for codes and they are:
DTC 23 - Accelerator Pedal Position 1 Circuit Range Fault
DTC 27 - Accelerator Pedal Position 2 Circuit Range Fault
*DTC 84 - Accelerator Pedal Position Circuit Fault

What can I do with this info? Are there some other tests? Or is it possibly wet wiring?
BV :confused:

rjschoolcraft
12-18-2003, 12:09
The Helm (GM) Manual GMT/95-CK-2F has diagnostic flow charts with each DTC. If you can gain access to one of those manuals, you could do the diagnostic tests and isolate the problem.

Bill Volcko
12-18-2003, 12:30
Ron,
Unfortunately, I don't have access to those manuals. thats kind of why I'm asking this emminent group. ;)
BV

ucdavis
12-18-2003, 12:31
FYI, there is no throttle cable on a '95 (unless the injection pump has been changed out for a mechanical unit). The APP is the cylindrical aluminum box the accelerator pedal attaches to, & it has three rheostats in it. Over lotsa miles, rheostats gum up. Recent rumor posted elsewhere on TDP suggested drilling a small hole in the APP can, shooting it up w/aerosol contact cleaner, draining same & allowing it to dry, plugging the hole (dirt will muck up the APP if allowed to enter) & voila, back to normal. YMMV.
Since the APP is inside the cab, its hard to equate the slush splash to the DTCs at the accelerator, so you may have gotten spray into one of the under-hood connectors. The Helm Manual recommended above is invaluable in tracing something like this out.

gmctd
12-18-2003, 13:12
You could check connectors in engine bay, starting with those involved in the FSD replacement, then working thru all of them, including battery power and ground connections at batteries and engine.
"Winterize" the engine harness.

Then, just for grins, you could r&r the APP connector at the module to burnish the connector contacts.

Bill Volcko
12-18-2003, 15:15
Thanks, I'll check all conections and see what happens.

BV