PDA

View Full Version : 99 egr and suburban help

mrussell
03-25-2004, 08:54
from reading other posts, supposedly a 99 suburban (f) does not have egr. I am new to this vehicle, so bear with me. It does have a metal fitting on the passenger side valve cover that is plumbed into the air intake. Can this be bypassed without any problems for all the "off roading" I do? What are the plus and minus of this. I am sure that the crank gasses getting sucked back through the turbo are not helping anything..... I just want to get longest life and highest milage, thats all? Previous vehicles are 93 dodge cummins with over 250,000 miles and runs better than new, 02 jetta tdi and 30' with twin volvo tamd 31B engines. Any other suggestions for improvements to this sub would be appreciated. Seems like oil cooler lines should be soon, anybody making them yet? I have only had this truck for 15,000 miles so far and just had injection pump replaced. Hopefully this is going to last a while..... Wont be pleased with changing this often...... I plan on remote location for PMD.... Maybe exaust? Thanks for your help.....

rjschoolcraft
03-25-2004, 09:23
The canister that you are talking about is the Crankcase Depression Regulator (CDR) valve. It is analagous to the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve on gassers. Don't remove it. Oil leaks will result.