PDA

View Full Version : TTT mirrors vs. Lucerix (my opinion)

Steve Cornell
03-24-2003, 18:43
I just returned from a 1700 mile round trip to Daytona pulling my 36' x 8.5' wide gooseneck car hauler, I installed the TTT mirrors before leaving and thought I'd post my thoughts on the mirrors....

The mirrors had no vibration or noise at all, the mirrors extend out furthur that the Lucerix mirrors I had on my 01 and gave me much better vision down the side of the trailer, the Lucerix mirrors offer a bit better vertical view but even with 3" convex spot mirrors I had blind spots, the TTT mirrors with the large convex mirror on the inside had no blind spots whatsoever, these are the best mirrors I have used on these trucks (I also had a 99 with the factory tow mirrors)

I also posted my thoughts of the Duramax vs. the 8.1 over on the Duramax forum.

chagburg
03-25-2003, 00:31
Where do you get the mirrors you are talking about and how much are they? I have been looking at the universal tow mirrors from
rpminnovations.com. Any opinion on those?

Steve Cornell
03-25-2003, 06:25
I ordered the mirrors from WJ's Performance in Ky
( www.***performance.com 0r 859-873-2471 )

I paid $425 for the heated \ lighted version (retail is $550)

Great service from WJ, I e-mailed him on Sunday morning, he called Sunday afternoon, and I had the mirrors on Tuesday morning.

I have never used the rpminnovations mirrors but they don't look large enough to give a good field of view and see around a 102" wide trailer.

atvpilot
03-30-2003, 01:29
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the info on the mirrors. I will probably go with the ttt when I upgrade. I finally decieded to join the forum. :D

RVGuy
04-02-2003, 22:05
I second the comments on the TTT mirrors. I am extremely pleased with mine.