PDA

View Full Version : Transferflo

Cowboy_120
03-22-2003, 08:16
Anybody installed the new transferflo 70 gallon express UFS? if so, how do you like it?

Alta Lad
03-23-2003, 10:08
I installed the 50 US gallon, in the bed, transferflow tank and I just love it!
The ability to drive past fill stations and set when I want to stop for fuel, is priceless. With the 8.1 and 10 mpg(US values), I still have a 750 mile range. The install kit was excellent with their instructions and materials. The fuel computer is invaluble, in showing the remaining fuel on board.

I have the folding tonneau cover which covers the tank and is lockable. As further security, I've installed a lockable gas filler cap. It's a bit of pain having to unlock everything to fill up, but it is only a minor one. I also use the tank to fill up the boat/generator tanks when I'm camping, so I don't have to carry extra Jerry cans of fuel.

The only downside is that I've lost 1 1/2 feet of box capacity, to carry long items. Plus the trucks fuel gauge shows the combined level and if the auxilary tank is empty, the "low fuel" light is always on. I think I may install a on/off switch to the transferflow computer,to solve that issue.

You won't be disappointed with the tank.

Cowboy_120
03-23-2003, 10:42
Thanks for the reply. The tank I got does not have the same computer information though. It just fills the tank to 3/4 from 1/2, so I dont think I will have the low fuel light problem.
I was thinking of getting the 50 gallon because I also have a hard top tonnaue cover, but I looked at the price, and I could carry 20 more gallons for less cost, so I will just have to alter the tonneau cover.
The locking gas cap is a very good idea though. I will let you knwo how I like it when it comes in a couple of weeks from now.