PDA

View Full Version : HD running/step boards?

GMCTRUCK
03-21-2003, 11:32
Wife's bugging me about getting some kind of running boards to make it easier to install Jr. in his car seat in back. I want the black plastic GM type that comes on the Tahoe and Suburban. GM tells me $569 for the HD xcab. Anyone know who makes these for GM and where I could get them for a realistic price? Even the GM parts guy said GM's price was insane.

Jelisfc
03-21-2003, 11:40
I was quoted $599.00 plus $85.00 freight for wheel to wheel Millenium boards. Soon as I get the extra cash that's what I'll be getting. CCCD's has them on his '03 carbon met truck.

Cowboy_120
03-21-2003, 17:04
I paid $900 CAN for my OWEN running boards, and that was a deal through a friend. You can see them in my signature. I am very happy with them, they look like they came with the truck.

biglouieky
03-21-2003, 17:56
I've got the Westin lighted running boards. Very sturdy and your wife will love the added lights!Price range is from 325 to 399

jannal
03-21-2003, 19:24
I purchased the J&J Millennium boards and am very pleased with them. These boards are solid and look great. If you live in a area where they salt the roads in the winter you may want to go with the GMC boards as they will not require the maintenance that the J&J

GMC D-Max
03-21-2003, 19:45
I've got an extended cab, and I picked up a brand new set (take-off's) of factory Tahoe/Yukon running boards on eBay for $169.00 (shipping included). The boards are almost the EXACT length for the extended cab, and look like they were made for the pickup, and not the SUV. They are the black pebble-grained boards that match the finish on the wheel flares and door handles. Sorry, I don't have any pics to show you right at the moment. (I've been slacking about updating my pics!)

roegs
03-21-2003, 22:36
www.gmpartsdirect.com sells GM accessories as well. Might want to check them.

jbplock
03-22-2003, 06:49
jannal

Thanks for the tip on the J&J’s. I just ordered a set of J&J Milleniums and I also live in upstate NY where we get plenty of sand and salt on the roads during the winter. What type of maintenance do they require in this kind of environment? Do they cake up underneath with salt/sand?

Also, to anyone considering J&J’s, their prices have gone up. I just paid $810 ($188 freight!) through trailblazersinc.com.
smile.gif

GMCTRUCK
03-22-2003, 15:08
Thanks everyone. GMC D-Max, What did it take to mount the tahoe boards to your truck?

Mark A
03-31-2003, 21:13
Cowboy_120 or anyone who can answer:

Do these running boards help keep the rocks and road debris from hitting the back fenders on the dually. I already have a chip in the paint and really dont want it to look like it was shot at with a shotgun later down the road like some other dually's i've seen. Thanks in advance.

Mark

woundedbear
04-01-2003, 11:51
GMCTRUCK,

I just purchased and installed Suburban OEM boards and brackets on my crew cab. I , too, was wondering what board to go with and came across this ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2407802908&category=33650

The seller works at a dealership and sells takeoffs for $50 and was within driving distance from me...way to hard to pass up! I know he had several sets still available taken off of Tahoes/Yukons and probably would be willing to ship them for reasonable.

What I can't tell you is if the boards will mate up properly with your extended cab. The Suburban boards fit pretty good, but as member Steve Cornell has explained previously, the fit is not perfect. The boards extend past the cab of the truck by a couple of inches. Probably not noticable to others, but it bugs me ever so slightly.

Here is the posted topic relating to the install of the Suburban OEM boards:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000204

It might be worth a call. Good luck!

GMC D-Max
04-01-2003, 14:18
GMCTRUCK~
(Sorry! Haven't been paying too much attention to this thread!)

I had to drill holes along the bottom lip of the body, and up under the truck (the vertical sheetmetal under the cab, behind the rocker). I used well-nuts in the rocker panel that will flare out and lock into place when you tighten the bolts. Any paint and body supply will have them.

Yes, the Suburban/Yukon XL running boards are too long for an extended cab. The Tahoe/Yukon boards are shorter than the cab by maybe 1-1/2", but they look great. I'll get some pics posted on Webshots soon.