PDA

View Full Version : Alpine ? for Mackin

Buck
02-16-2003, 00:49
I have 6 3/4" SPS-1729S speakers in the front and SPS-4629 for the rear. I have the factory head unit for now, but plan on getting the CDA-7897 head unit within the next 6 months with amp and 10" sub. I have until Feb 20 to send them back but I don't know :confused: ? They are a big step up from the factory speakers. Where did you buy you stuff?

mackin
02-16-2003, 07:10
I buy thru Crutchfield.com.......Simplie for they supply all necessary info (instructions) and hardware (face plates no cut OEM harness's)for a clean no HACK install,and they back it up with tech support.......

30 day money back no hassle guaranty,no questions asked.....Order it, try it, don't like it, send it back for credit, did it with speakers, worked as advertised.....

Pay a little more? Yup, but worth it IMO.......I probably have some twenty dollar savings certificates I could pass on if interested......(?)

MAC :D :D :D

DMAXDiva
02-16-2003, 07:29
Hey Buck:

I put the CDA-7998 along with MB Quart Q's and a 10w6 JLA in my Z06 and absolutely love it! The "time correction" feature is just amazing...wish I had this thing in my truck...puts that Kenwood to shame :eek: .

My ONLY complaint is that there is no way to either detach the faceplate (it sucks into the dash when off) or otherwise disable it. At least the Kenwood is detachable. I don't want anyone thumpin' in it when I have to take it in for service...it's bad enough that they can take it out and drive it (er uh THRASH it, especially a Z06!)in order to "replicate the complaint"...guess I'll just have to pop the fuse out beforehand, but what a pain... :rolleyes:

[ 02-16-2003: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

Buck
02-16-2003, 12:44
Mackin I got my stuff from Crutchfield to. For the same reasons as you (no Hack jobs here)

mackin
02-16-2003, 16:25
The "time correction" feature is amazing in these Alpine units.....One of the selling features for me,especially in such a confined area....Having the detachable face is sweet after all the time put into your setting up your listening pleasures,no one can screw with it when it's with ya.....

MAC :D :D :D

Buck
02-22-2003, 02:28
DMAXDIVA,

You're right this reciever ROCKS!!

I ordered the CDA-7897 head unit. :D I can't wait :D I also got Rockford Fosgate fanatic Q component speakers 6.75" front doors and 4" for the rear doors :D :D