PDA

View Full Version : DVD players

FJ40INTOW
04-13-2005, 20:44
Well the wife (shes great)wants me to get a DVD player for my 03 GMC CC. The dropdown units look like I would have to do some headliner rework so that is my second choice. I prefer the headrest units. Anyone have any experience they would like to share on adding this option to there trucks? Links to a good supplier would be helpful.

trbankii
04-14-2005, 04:45
No personal experience other than watching the Disney films that parents in the vehicles in front of me seem to be showing their kids all the time... smile.gif

For suppliers, I've dealt with Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com) for various car audio and home audio/video. Fairly decent prices and good customer support. I've also had some good luck keeping an eye on their specials and scratch & dent categories.

madmatt
04-14-2005, 19:46
I've installed both but perfer the headrest units. There easier to install but either the roof mounted or headrest aftermarket units are time consuming installs. the headrest monitors offer a cleaner install plus if you mess up, a replacement headrest is cheaper then a headliner.