PDA

View Full Version : Skid plates?

Dmaxin
02-12-2003, 11:17
My 03 didnt come with factory skid plates and would like to put some on. Anyone know of any aftermarket ones?

biker Wayne
02-12-2003, 12:23
You can get the original GM skid plates from GMPARTSDIRECT.COM and at a cost a lot less than the option when ordering a new truck. Haven't seen any aftermarket ones.

Silver Bullet
02-13-2003, 14:33
Good old fashioned junk yard shoppin'! The key is to figure what years and models the skid plates are the same...a little investigative work at your local dealer and you will have a broad range of trucks to find that part on.

SDWA
03-01-2003, 23:10
For the 01/02 there was a skid plate "kit" you could order with all the plates and necessary mounting hardware, it was like $80 or something like that. Check with the dealer for 03's!

Scott

DMAXDiva
03-02-2003, 00:01
Hey DMAXin:

I have the original skid plate off my '02 (put a new ProComp plate on after the suspension lift)...you're more than welcome to it. It's just takin' up space in my garage, so I'd sure let it go cheap!

E-mail me if you're interested...

dmaxdiva@yahoo.com

DMD

mike.morris
03-03-2003, 13:52
My truck came stock w/out the skid plates as well. I ordered those buggers before I left the dealership. aid a little over $90 for the kit which includes the one for under the engine and the one for the transfer case. Ground is too cold to lay down, and the truck just don't fit under the garage door to get some concrete to lay on. Sure hope it warms up soon, I here the fish calling :D

Mike