PDA

View Full Version : Fold Down Cup Holders in 99-02 trucks

hoot
02-11-2003, 11:36
I got this from Steve Cornell's site.
You don't know what you're missing untill you have them. They don't work on trucks with the center console.

http://www.rtol.net/scornell/mirrows.htm

I ordered the part from GMParts direct.

$44 total and got it in a couple of days, already the correct color.

Instructions....

Remove two screws, remove existing cover, remove two more screws, install holder with same four screws. Done.

Thanks Steve!

thechevyhdman
02-11-2003, 14:30
I had one in my 99 Chevy...lasted about 4 months before it broke :mad: ....Of course it did have a 5 pound CB mounted to it. I swear only the driver can "close" the thing back up.....Ol' lady could never get it to snap back up from the passenger side.. took alot of umpff to lock it in the closed posistion. Location of the beer holders in these trucks are ridiculous.... ya need orangatang hands to reach your beverages at floor level.

hoot
02-11-2003, 16:11
Actually I checked it out pretty good before installing it. It's not made too shabby. You can adjust the locking pressure by simply bending a tang in or out.

You can't expect a cupholder to support a CB radio especially if you consider the bumps.

Mines open all the time anyhow. Now I can put junk in the floor mounted cupholders, a coffee on the right and drop my cell in the left hole.

Steve Cornell
02-11-2003, 21:53
Hoot,

Glad my site helped ya out ! smile.gif

I had these in my 01 which had the center console
but did not have the front section because on the manual 4x4 shift.

with the 4 up front, 2 in the rear of the console and the 2 in the back seat I had 8 cupholders :D