PDA

View Full Version : CD ERR message

Paul Clancy
03-30-2005, 05:15
Anyone else get this from the cd player (02)and fix it? Won't play any cd. I'm thinking its just dirt and maybe a spray with some canned air into the slot might fix it...manual warns against using a cd cleaner disk, although I might try anyway.

Thanks,
Paul

jbplock
03-30-2005, 08:06
Paul,

See Carey Weber's post in the Member's Forum... CD Player Fix (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=003474)

"My factory CD player (single remote CD) quit working a while back (said Err when a disk is inserted). It happened before and blowing it out with air fixed it for a while, then it quit again and a CD cleaner disk helped for a short time, but then it quit and none of the fixes helped.

I guy I work with said to pull it out and clean the lens. I thought it would be a pain to get out, but it has two locking tabs that can be reached from the front (with your fingers) and the cable it long enough to allow the unit to come way out so it is easy to unplug the cable. I pulled it out and used a Q-tip with Alcohol to clean the lens. Well it worked and it was easy to do too."

smile.gif

George1
03-31-2005, 14:31
Originally posted by Paul Clancy:
Anyone else get this from the cd player (02)and fix it? Won't play any cd. I'm thinking its just dirt and maybe a spray with some canned air into the slot might fix it...manual warns against using a cd cleaner disk, although I might try anyway.

Thanks,
Paul Paul, My CD player quit one day after I bought my 05 2500HD. It ate my CD and wouldn't give it back. It wouldn't respond to any commands. It was like it didn't exist. Everything else worked but that. I took it back to the dealer who pulled the whole unit and sent it out to be checked. The radio shop got my CD out and sent a new radio (not my original) back with a note not to use CD's with thick labels. The CD in question was a factory one with no paper label at all. I think the label was lasered onto the CD. Anyway, they sent a new radio which the dealer installed. Then they had to reprogram it to match up with my truck. Check with your dealer who may have to reprogram the radio to your truck or upgrade the radio programming.
George

Paul Clancy
03-31-2005, 19:07
Thanks guys , Ill try the lens clean with a swab/alcohol.

Cheers,
Paul

MikeyB
04-02-2005, 08:29
The CD player on my 01 2500 HD went out as well. Of course out of warranty and the dealer wanted $250 just to send it out to be diagnosed with no loaner while it was gone. I just went to www.radiosandmore.com (http://www.radiosandmore.com) and got a new one. The price was reasonable and easy to install. Mine didn't require any reprogamming at the dealer.

Mike

BIGJEFFSCV
05-18-2005, 07:49
Does the dash need to be removed to get the radio out to clean? I have the same problem of the disk not playing consistently. Have tried several disks.
Out of warranty and can't buy new at this time.
thanks for help.

Paul Clancy
05-19-2005, 04:05
The plastic shroud pulls strait off (just clipped on)need to put the wheel tilted all the way down and shifter in 1st to get it off. Radio has 2 tabbs on side ..slides out. I found my cd mechanism wasn't spinning at all. I'll be putting in a kenwood or alpine setup.