PDA

View Full Version : speakers

johns
03-28-2005, 08:52
maybe someone can answer this so i don't have to tear my doors apart first.

i have a 2002 3500 extended cab. i want to replace the speakers in both the front and rear doors. what size are they?

timssilverchevy2003
03-28-2005, 10:49
You could always go to Crutchfield.com and type in the truck spec's. As many vehicles differ in regard to what option you have, I always found either the truck's service manuals are the best (but Crutchfield has the same info available online)

DmaxMaverick
03-28-2005, 10:56
I just replaced all of mine recently. The front door speakers will take a replacement of either a mid range/tweater set, or a single 2 or 3 way. I replaced mine with a Sony X-plode mid range/tweater set. The mid range is round 6 3/4".

The rear door is different. The speaker is a single mid range, 4" X 6". OEM only for a direct replacement, and they are not very good. I replaced mine with a dual range 5 1/4" dual range round Kicker brand . I had to modify the sheet metal a bit to get it to fit, but it wasn't bad. I rolled the sheet metal just enough to fit the speaker, then used clip type anchor nuts to secure it. The anchor nuts were supplied with the Kicker speakers. Still looks OEM from the outside.

I am very pleased with the sound I now have. I have no amp installed, but the range is impressive for what it is. I didn't want noise or loudness, just quality sound. I hate those that think they have to "share" their "thumping" noise with everyone within a quarter mile.

I still have my OEM take outs if anyone is intersted. One tweater is blown, but the rest are still good.