PDA

View Full Version : Any pics of 03 Chevy HD small Lift

brick
02-07-2003, 09:11
I have a new 03 hd it looks to low in front.Any suggestions or pics.

BKColeman
02-07-2003, 12:06
If the front end being too low is all you're concerned about, do a search on here on leveling kit, or hill keys, or cranking torsion bars. There are lots of threads on the subject.

You can crank up your torsion bars to get up to 2" of front lift. Some say it affects ride quality some say not. You'll have to get the front end aligned after doing it.

There are also some replacement "keys" that will do basically the same thing as changing the torsion bars, w/o adjusting them. Several people have went into detail on which ones work for our trucks.

I just got an '03 and am thinking of trying the torsion bars route. Hopefully someone who has already did it will chime in w/ pictures.

--Brad

steve700edgex
03-23-2003, 09:25
anybody know what keys we need for2500hd and where to find them

mackin
03-23-2003, 09:35
The jury is still out in regard to new pork chop keys....Are they more beneficial then just cranking/raising the torsion bar yourself ?? It's been debated, with no real answer....

=>http://www.cepek.com/

MAC
:D :D :D

steve700edgex
03-28-2003, 05:52
how many turns on the torsion bars were needed my 01 didnt have to do anything w/285's with stock rims, my 03 put the tires on yesterday looked about the same clearance and just about tore my air dam off. after adjustment is it a necessity to get a alignment :rolleyes: