PDA

View Full Version : Weird .... AC/Cruise problem

chrisinkanata
01-31-2004, 04:52
Morning all,

Anyone ever experience either of these.....driving all day (interstate 65-70mph), pull into a rest stop and hop out for about 5 min. I leave the truck idling (my wife stays with it). Get back in and off we go. Back up to speed, try to set the cruise and it won't come on. Shut it off (the cruise), turn it on...no go. Drive for a couple of hours like that and stop to get fuel (shut the engine off). Off we go again and the cruise works now. This has happened at least twenty times in the last 4 months. When it happens now, I just pull over, re-start & it's fine.

Second thing....the AC. We regularly drive from home in eastern Ontario where it's very cold to the Atlanta area. Occasionally have had to use the AC down there. In the last while (about the same time frame as the crusie problems started) I get in, start the truck, fire up the AC and nothing but regular temp air...no cold. Shut the truck off, re-start and it's fine.

I spend a lot of time re-starting my truck....it'll go into the dealer next week but I can already hear the advisor telling me....no faults found.

Any thoughts?

Chris

maxtotow
02-03-2004, 20:04
Chris
I don't know what the problem is...
i have had very similar problem. Cruise would not work, later that day it started working again just fine. Only has done this once that i know of in 36000 miles.
A/C controls...one time. would not come on when i pushed in A/C button, cycled key and never has done it again.
Makes you a little nervous about future failures.

Sneaks
02-04-2004, 05:32
Precisely the same Cruise Control problem. Fortunately it only happened once (so far) Interesting. I had to shut down completely and after starting up again it worked fine.

Mike330R
02-04-2004, 07:56
Sounds like these trucks have a Microsoft operating system ;) smile.gif

All of these 'weird' problems I read about here make me nervous about my ordered truck.

I have to keep telling myself this is 1% of Dmax owners. :(

chrisinkanata
02-06-2004, 17:43
I picked the truck up from the dealer tonight, and as I suspected, no fault found. I'll break out the shop manuals on the weekend and see what the two systems have in common.

Oh well, I tried. Hopefully it'll quit for good prior to the warranty expiration.

Chris

FstTrack
02-07-2004, 20:44
had the same cruise problem at about 25000 miles has almost 50 on it now and has never done it again. some kind of computer glitch? maybe you just have to drive it harder :D