PDA

View Full Version : Factory radio options

cme4lyt
02-05-2003, 19:06
I've added Sirius Sat. radio to my 2002 2500 but I'm using the FM modulator that hooks the Jensen SSR2000 unit up thru' the antenna connection. I have interference coming into the system and it's not cool.

I want to add another unit into the dash that has aux audio imputs and will fit right in without brackets and minor modification/construction !
I looked at two units thru' Crutchfield (Pioneer and Jensen) that should fit into the std GM opening but Crutchfield tells me they cannot work (one unit is XM) or they do need brackets and some dash mods.

Can anyone suggest a decent unit that fits right in and is in the 250 - 350 price range.

Thanx in advance...

NutNbutGMC
02-05-2003, 20:27
^..Alpine, XM ready.'Nuff said.

TxDoc
02-05-2003, 21:56
Here is some Sirius info to pass on:

A Sirius swipe at corporate culture

By DAVID HINCKLEY
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sirius, until now the "other" satellite radio company, behind XM, has launched an ad blitz urging listeners to toss off their corporate shackles.
The new spots have messages like "Radio Off, Music On," "Corporate Agenda Off, Experimentation On," "Boy Bands Off, Unsigned Bands On," and "Censorship Off, Freedom of Speech On."

Sirius, like XM, offers more than 100 channels of music and talk programs for a monthly subscription fee. Listeners also must buy a Sirius receiver.

The campaign was created by Crispin Porter + Bogusky, whose president, Jeff Hicks, says, "Everyone knows that with commercial interruptions, payola and manufactured fame, radio is no longer on the side of the listener."

He says the new campaign will "disrupt established institutions at the center of pop culture."

Sirius has dropped "satellite radio" from its name, reflecting plans to offer services like video.