PDA

View Full Version : centermatic

sspm1
02-05-2003, 05:59
I was wondering if anyone has used them and the results they are having.

I installed them but really have not noticed any difference in improving the vibrations on the hwy.

Also when I installed them the holes were somewhat generic to fit many of hub. Were yours the same? I just can't figure how the balancer will be true center on the wheel if the fit is not snug....resulting in added vibrations???

Thanks for your thoughts

jbplock
02-05-2003, 12:41
I used Balance Masters on my 98 K3500 and they made a noticeable improvement. They also had a precise fit over the wheel lugs. Are you sure the vibration your trying to get rid of is from the tires? Could it be the drive shaft? Try searching the 6.5 and Members forums - I seem to remember some discussion on this in the past.
I believe The Balance masters and Centramatics use the same principle to balance the wheels. If I remember correctly, the Cetramatics have Ball Bearings and synthetic oil in a concentric ring while the ring on the Balance Master's is filled with mercury.
smile.gif

[ 02-05-2003: Message edited by: jbplock ]</p>

mdrag
02-05-2003, 15:19
sspm1,

I have the Centramatic balancers and feel they make a huge improvement. You didn't mention if you were using them on both axles or front only,and the mileage on your tires. The Centramatic type balancers will not correct for an out of round tire, broken steel belts, or tires that are already badly worn.

Could you describe your 'bad' vibrations in more detail?

Give Centramatic or the vendor where you purchsed the balancers a call. Here is the link to Centamatic's website, check out the FAQ link:

www.centramatic.com

sspm1
02-06-2003, 06:36
Thanks for the input smile.gif

jpblock I will check that thread thank you. I had onetime thought it was the drive shaft but I thought since the vibrations come at certain speeds that it was more related to the tires

mdrag, yes I am using on both front and rear. When I got the truck I had the dealer check the tires for balance and they said everything was fine. " A truck that big....you can expect some vibration, its not like a car" In my mind I knew from that response this was not where I will be bringing my truck in for service.

Could you describe your 'bad' vibrations in more detail?
Between 45 & 50 I have vibrations ( up / down ) and at 65 to 70 same thing. When you have a laptop in the truck the screen is shaking pretty bad to warrant closing and when the passanger is talking you can hear his or her voice shaking. I am for the most part empty except for tools in my box. I do not notice it as much when there is a load in the rear.

Thanks for the links I will call centermatic to see if they can give a bit of insite also

Have a good day