PDA

View Full Version : Stock Radio EQ

HDMXDiesel0817
01-13-2004, 16:39
Has anyone noticed that there is only one preset in the AUTO EQ on the stock radio? I have EQ 1 'Talk' and that's the only option, well that or Custom. I was just curious if you guys had noticed any other ones or how to get to another setting. Shouldn't there be like 6 preset options to choose from? Umm, if you guys have them...or didn't have them how do you get them?

Had the truck for almost a year and yea...I only just remembered this, it's no biggy really, but I thought there would have been more presets.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

P.S. Stock in dash 6 disc Bose Premium AM/FM/XM Radio

Lonewolf867
01-14-2004, 18:16
First off Welcome to the PAGE! ;)
As for the preset EQ settings I have a 2003 LS model and I have about 6 or 7 presets. Might want to get the Dealer to check on it on your next trip.

Mike

HDMXDiesel0817
01-15-2004, 15:06
Mike,

Thanks, I'll go there tomorrow before I head to Cabela's :D and see what's up?

p.s. Did I leave? ;)

Jon

Minn-kota
01-15-2004, 20:25
I don't recall right now, but I believe you only get the 6/7 EQ settings if listening to CD. I noticed this too that they all aren't available depending on what source you are listening too.

I don't like them for music so I can't remember exactly the trick to it since I hardly ever use it. The only one I do use on occation is the "Talk" for AM. Takes the bass out of talk radio and makes it easier to listen to.

Side question, does anybody know if the cooling fan is still used on the '03 radios like they had on the '99-'02s? When on a long trip, my CD player will not work and the discs are hotter than a pistol when I pop them out. I can put a new CD in with no scratches and still won't play. Even the bezel around the top of the radio is fairly warm.

Minn-kota
01-17-2004, 16:01
OK, took a look at the manual today. If you have the Bose system you only have the Custom and Talk auto EQ selections.

I was thinking of the Type selections (country, rock, traffic, weather, jazz, etc, etc) for the RDS when I posted above.

HDMXDiesel0817
01-20-2004, 10:04
DOH! :confused: