PDA

View Full Version : Remote starter question

Xmas1
01-11-2004, 19:04
I installed a remote starter and all works well except for one thing. After the engine shuts off (15 minutes) the radio is still playing. Once I open the door it turns off. Is there a way to turn off the radio after a remote starter times out? Is there a relay or somethig that can be hooked up?

DIESEL 5
01-11-2004, 21:22
Mine does the same thing smile.gif

Dave_WB3FYV
01-13-2004, 11:29
The radio, as well as any other battery draining device like the dome light, should time-out and shut down after 20 minutes or so.
I know that isn't the answer to the problem, but at least you can use the system as-is for now.

What kind of remote starter did you get? I wished I had one last week when it was 6 degrees outside on the way to work...

It almost sounds normal, like when you start the truck 'manually' and shut it down with the door closed and the radio on. Radio plays (and the power windows still work) until the door is opened.

atvpilot
01-14-2004, 18:18
Hey Guys,
I have an auto valet remote starter and when I start my truck with the remote, the only lights that come on are my marker lights and my DRL's. my inside lights don't come on and my radio doesn't come on. When I shut the truck off and if my radio is off it stays off. The insdie light will stay on for a few minutes unless you hit the dome light cancel. I have an 2002 D/ACC SB 4X4. ;)