PDA

View Full Version : 1993 6.2 stalling

thunder77
08-20-2004, 08:19
I have a 1993 gmc 6.2 w/ 167k. Over the last few weeks the engine has been sluggish and gas milage seems to have dropped. Now the engine starts immediately on a cold start, but when I put it in gear and accerlerate for 2-3 seconds it dies. Then it is very hard to start and sometimes takes a couple of minutes. The batteries are fully chagred. After driving for 20 - 30 minutes and letting truck sit for at least 10 mminutes, it's difficult to re-start and once re-started it ususally cuts off when I put it in gear and accelerate. Then i'm back to trying to get it started all over. Does this truck have a PMD or could it be the IP or air in the lines. When trouble first started i changed the fuel fileter against the firewall, but this did not help. I've had this truck for 8 years with no problems until now. Sorry for such a along post

MTTwister
08-20-2004, 12:06
Thunder77 -- copy and post this up in the 6.2 forum, also, probably get more traffic / eyes up there. I thought, but do not know, that those were mechanical injection. The PMD would be on the drivers side of the IP, a little black box about the size of a deck of cards.

Obviously - no help with the problem - sorry about that.

thunder77
08-20-2004, 12:44
Thanks MTTwister, but I don't have a forum password to post or view that area.