PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech help?????

atvpilot
12-12-2004, 13:17
Hi Guys,
I am thinking about buying a Hypetech Programmer 3 for my 2002 2500HD D/A CC. All I want to do is pull a little more power out of the motor without all the guages and chips and stuff and reprogram the speedo for the 265/16 I have on it. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
atvpilot

More Power
12-12-2004, 13:43
Should be fine.... HT promotes their programmers as EGT safe, but I still think it would be a good idea to install gauges. If nothing else, you'll learn more about engine management.

I'm currently putting together a "Programmer Roundup", which will be a primer for most programmers. A programmer has a number of unique features and capabilities that boxes/modules don't.

Also, I'm working on a re-fresh of a Duramax gauge installation piece I did in 2002. New pics and info for the LLY will be added, along with a list of gauge vendors.

MP

Chris Curran
12-12-2004, 17:56
Hey, MP - the "Feature Articles" link in your sig is broken...

More Power
12-13-2004, 09:33
My bad... redface.gif

Thanks for the catch! smile.gif

MP

Kennedy
12-14-2004, 13:59
Diablo Predator is also a good choice, and although it is a bit more expensive, it is a LOT more versatile...

atvpilot
12-15-2004, 17:43
Well I fianlly did it. I ordered yesterday and recieved today my Hypertech programmer. I got it from JA Usa on line for 329.00 and got it overnighted to me free of charge. I am now reading instructions on how to use it with the truck. Man I waited 2 years to get this thing,it's like getting a new toy for christamas. I am going to hook it up to the truck on Saturday and see what happens.

atvpilot
12-22-2004, 16:30
Update,
Well I have had the hypertech program on the truck since last Saturday and what a difference. Just cruising down the road and punching it and it just takes take off like a rocket. I haven't had the nerve from a dead stop power braking it yet to see what it will do. Damn tires are way to expensive. The problem is I will probably enjoy it way to much and keep on doing it. smile.gif smile.gif

HalsMax
12-26-2004, 18:22
What power level are you using??