PDA

View Full Version : Snowsport homeowner plow

AlanL
12-09-2003, 06:56
I currently use a comercial quality Ariens snowblower to do my driveway. I'm considering getting a plow for my truck to do it instead.

I don't want to spend $3K or more to get a full plow setup that will void my warranty (I have a Crew Cab) and take up lots of space.

I saw this product last year Snowsport Plow (http://www.mysnowsport.com/) and I'm wondering if anyone on TDP has one of these or has seen one in person.

I looks like a good solution for a home owner who doesn't plan on plowing anything but his driveway, and who can follow up with a snow blower to cleanup the edges, etc...

Thanks for any info.
-Al

Colorado Kid
12-09-2003, 09:18
And who can back into his garage . . . you can't back drag with that thing, and you can't push the snow off to either side. If you happen to be able to back into your garage and you can push the snow straight across the street into a vacant lot or ditch then it'll work great, as long as there isn't too much snow.

Beats the heck out of the Armstrong shovel I used this morning though. :D

HD-Nate
12-10-2003, 10:45
A guy here at work has one on an Escalade (sp?)

He hangs it on the back of it, opens the garage door drops the plow and backs out clearing everything from the door to the end of the drive way, then does the same on his wife’s side.

Backs the plow into the heated garage and drops it off in the middle by the drain. When he gets home in the evening, the plow is dry and ready to be stored for the next snow.

I think its a great altenative to a full size plow if you are just doing your driveway. I would never try to make a living with it!

AlanL
12-15-2003, 11:26
I think I might try to find one at a dealer to look at in person.

We got another foot of snow last night and it too me a couple of hours with the snow blower.

I spoke to one dealer on the phone who said that "I would kill that plow with a truck the size of mine, etc...". Then again, this guy specialized in $3000 - $5000 real plows, so I didn't expect him to say anything different.

Thanks for the info,
-Al

AlanL
12-15-2003, 11:28
I think I might try to find one at a dealer to look at in person.

We got another foot of snow last night and it too me a couple of hours with the snow blower.

I spoke to one dealer on the phone who said that "I would kill that plow with a truck the size of mine, etc...". Then again, this guy specialized in $3000 - $5000 real plows, so I didn't expect him to say anything different.

Thanks for the info,
-Al

Johnny Diesel
12-15-2003, 17:19
Waste of money. No such thing as a cheap lunch-Especially with plows!!