PDA

View Full Version : Engine Pic

Cowracer
06-22-2005, 04:35
I was going to take some pics last night but my digital camera was not charged. Drat. Then I remembered that I have a picture phone.

The quality aint to good, but at least you can see my baby.

http://www.gatewaydata.com/truck/65engine.jpg

Tim

mhagie
06-22-2005, 05:34
Darn, That looks almost as good as my blue one. he he he, truthfully any color looks good inplace of that black, the only good thing about black is it hides the oil leaks.
Merle

Dvldog 8793
06-22-2005, 06:30
Looks GREAT!!! the only thing wrong is now I won't have the only PROPERLY colored engine! tongue.gif
L8r
Conley

Dezman125
06-22-2005, 06:47
Hi
Any color is nice when it's new.Flat Black is the best color for disapating heat,at least acording to "Smokey Yunick",he was the master of the GM small block. ;)

Cowracer
06-22-2005, 08:20
Originally posted by Yukon 6.2:
Hi
Any color is nice when it's new.Flat Black is the best color for disapating heat,at least acording to "Smokey Yunick",he was the master of the GM small block. ;) Thats the problem with engineering, no consideration for the "soul". Technically, you are correct, but I figure that if I am running so close to the edge that engine paint color makes a difference, I probably should park it anyway.

Ol' Smokey could coax magic out of the SBC, thats for damn sure!

Tim

Chuck1
06-22-2005, 15:37
I,m green with envy. What kind of stand is that .It seems to hold it real good.

Cowracer
06-23-2005, 04:03
Originally posted by Chuck1:
I,m green with envy. What kind of stand is that .It seems to hold it real good. Harbor Freight Tools 2000# stand model 4420-1VGA. Do not use the 1000# one as it will bend like all hell. Its not too clear in the pic, but the lifting chains are slack. I got lazy and didn't unhook them.

The stand held the engine fully dressed with manifolds, turbo, IP and all bolt on brackets, withy no problems. A little 'springly' but still solid.

tim

markrinker
06-23-2005, 13:47
"Saaaa-WEEET!"

Chuck1
06-27-2005, 21:32
Cowracer How is the green machine making out . Send more pictures of the install.I like the color .If I have any problems with mine ,knock on wood it will be you Dvldog and myself with this color.Who knows we might start a trend.

Cowracer
06-28-2005, 03:53
Originally posted by Chuck1:
Cowracer How is the green machine making out . Uh, dead stopped. Without going into the tedious details, my wife and I have a second house (actually a doublewide mobile home) that sits un-occupied. For various reasons, renting it out was not an option. So for 4-1/2 years, we have been making 2 house payments.

We have been trying to sell it all that time, but never gotten a serious offer. Out of the blue last friday, we got an offer that we could accept. There is a few details that the buyer wanted us to attend to, so I spent the whole weekend taking care of those.

The upset I feel about not getting the truck on the road is more than offset by the relief of selling that home. WHEEEEW!

I did get a lot of the bolt-on stuff on though. I cleaned up the I.P. and decided to paint the injector lines black. Looks REALLY sharp. Pictures to follow in a couple o' days.

Tim

Marty Lau
06-29-2005, 11:21
4 1/2 years OUCH......I thought the 2 years of double payments I made a few years back was bad.
Congrats Tim, even though it slowed your truck progress down you'll be much better off with the extra house gone.