PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mdrag.

SHOPMAN426
08-22-2003, 08:23
I was looking over your pictures of you inverter install. I was wondering about the heat that the inverter will put out, being that you installed it behind the console box inner liner. Plus, were is the on and off switch located? I just purchased a 400w inverter and was wondering were I should mount it. Do you get much vibration on your DVD player with the Mito bracket? I haven't road tested mine yet.

Thanks as always,

Shopman426.
Mike. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

mdrag
08-22-2003, 22:29
Originally posted by SHOPMAN426:
I was looking over your pictures of you inverter install. I was wondering about the heat that the inverter will put out, being that you installed it behind the console box inner liner.

The inverter is visible by pulling out the cup holder insert and it is attached to the front of the console liner with industrial velcro. I drilled (2) 1/4" holes in the HVAC plumbing that runs through that area and I've had absolutely no overheating problems. Actually, contents of the console are noticabley cooled so I know this minor mod flows sufficient air through there.

Plus, were is the on and off switch located? I just purchased a 400w inverter and was wondering were I should mount it.

The power switch mounted on the inverter is always on. One of the switches in my modified cupholder insert switches a relay that controls the inverter. I found this inverter at Sam's Club, and bought it because it fit nicely in this location. Sam's Club still had these inverters 2 weeks ago.

Do you get much vibration on your DVD player with the Mito bracket? I haven't road tested mine yet.

There is some vibration of the DVD screen over rough sections of road. My passengers have never complained though. Once in a while, the screen will fold forward or backward if I hit a big enough pot hole. I imagine some DVD players may be worse than others. Don't forget that I have 19.5" wheels/tires, and the ride can be stiffer than stock at times.

Thanks as always, Shopman426.

Your Welcome.