PDA

View Full Version : I need a factory rear bumper

stevem
11-28-2002, 02:05
Some dum dum (me) smile.gif backed into a light pole and dented the rear bumper.

Anyone out there in the Bay Area got a like new rear bumper for sale??

Thanks, Steve ;)

GBurton
11-28-2002, 03:08
Hi Steve

If you can't find a "like new" one, I have one but there is a small dent on the right side. If you are interested I will take a picture and send it to you either as an e-mail attachment or by mail as a photo. I need to burn a roll of film this weekend to document another problem on my 5th wheel hitch. I work in SFO so transportation is not a problem.

George

xwing
11-28-2002, 10:09
Since you'll have extras, I'd like to buy one or 2 of the round black plastic "plugs" that fill the 3 holes in the plastic cover, just above the trailer hitch. I know it's simple and small but dealer says I have to buy the whole thing just to get a little plug, and one missing with hole there bugs me...must have popped out.
Let me know, email xwing@wi.rr.com
Thanks, and good luck!
2001 GMC 2500HD ExCab LB D/A

[ 11-28-2002: Message edited by: xwing ]</p>

stevem
12-06-2002, 21:54
GBurton, no thanks-i am looking for a like new/perfect bumper- my bumper has a very small dent also, but it bothers me like crazy ;)

thanks anyways, steve

Dawg
12-07-2002, 00:26
My lovely wife backed into a pole with my truck to the tune of $1600. She was swift enough to cave it into the driver side rear corner! That was fun! You think your little dent bugs you!!! Hope I can keep the new bumper looking new. ;)

Idahobidcaller
12-09-2002, 16:12
The part number I have for my 01 rear bumper is #12473000. The local Chevy dealers quoted me $458.16 for a new bumper. GMpartsdirect.com has the price is $270.30, one heck of a difference! One of the dealers didn't even want to give me the part number, they just wanted to put my name on the one in stock, BOGUS. They know that their prices are out of line, why not be competetive, or just give out the part number? :confused: