PDA

View Full Version : STOCK GM XM RADIO

SSWEBARRICK
11-21-2003, 09:07
I HAVE A AM/FM SINGLE CD RADIO IN MY 03 D/A. I'VE HEARD CONFLICTING STORIES WHEN RESEARCHING FOR RADIO UPGRADE. I WOULD LIKE TO SWAP MY PRESENT RADIO WITH A STOCK GM "XM READY" RADIO.(USED OUT OF WRECKED VEHICLE OR FROM JUNK YARD) IS THIS POSSIBLE. HEARD THAT YOU MUST HAVE A BIG BULKY ADAPTER SETUP??? ANY INPUT?

sonofagun
11-22-2003, 19:32
SS,

I have the factory XM in my "04 and installed a panasonic unit in my '01. It had a tuner (that I mounted in the overhead console cubby hole), a reciever (that I mounted behind the rear seat) and an antenna )that I mounted on the rear window).It cost about $300 all together. There were lots of parts beyond the tuner and I would suspect that's the case with the factory unit. Get good information on all the bits and parts before you proceed.

Good luck,
Bob

MAV
11-26-2003, 10:05
Go to Best Buy and pick up the all NEW Dephi Roady. Complete and ready to run in your truck (if you have a cassette player) for $119. Some of the best money I ever spent.

Rockin
11-26-2003, 10:44
This is a little off topic but thought folks may find it interesting:

Steering wheel controls for aftermarket sterios (http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-QtLXdEzMJ0O/prodview.asp?i=127SWIX)

This sends the steering wheel control signals to the sterio via the IR remote interface.