PDA

View Full Version : Crew Cab subwoofer

DmaxCC6spd
01-21-2003, 06:36
I saw a post either here or on pickuptruck.com for a company that offered a subwoofer box for the crew cab trucks. SkinnyBlinky and others have given us ideas to build our own boxes, but I didn't have the time to do this.

I ordered a box from www.proboxrocks.com. I was skeptical at first since the company doesn't take credit cards. (How do you run a modern business without accepting credit cards?)

The unit arrived and took longer to unpackage than to install. This box appears to be made from MDF and is, according to the salesman, cut on a CNC machine. This box is painted, not carpeted, with what looks like an ultra thin coating of spray in bedliner material.

After installing the unit behind the rear seat, I can say the box rocks. It may not be the best box on the market, but it sounds much better than the old box I had which I had cut the top off to make fit behind the seat.

If you want some pictures I can try to email a few as soon as I borrow a digital camera. (Its a shame picture trail is charging now). Send requests to skaats@itgltd.com.

mdrag
01-21-2003, 09:45
DmaxCC6spd,

Thanks for the link and info. The site lists 2 possible subwoofer boxes - which one did you buy?

Try www.webshots.com for posting pictures. Webshots is still a free site, and you can download a very useful utility to add pics and edit on your computer - and then .upload to Webshots

DmaxCC6spd
01-21-2003, 15:36
I have the single 10" box. The salesman stated that this box is far superior to their dual 10" box, which fires downward.

Heavy Duty Neil
01-30-2003, 10:32
Looks like a cool box. Can you tell me how wide it is? Also, did you have to remove the spring-loaded folding contraption that is behind the seat so it could fit?

Price?

Thanks for your time. :cool: