PDA

View Full Version : TTT Towing Mirrors ??

Steve Cornell
11-24-2002, 18:04
Does anyone here have any experience or information about the TTT Mirrors??

I understand thet this the company that makes the Furd mirrors?

here is the web site for the mirrors...
http://www.tttmirror.com/

I had the Lucerix mirrors on my last truck but I'm just looking at what's available.

Thanks

Joe Pool
11-25-2002, 00:06
Steve,

Very interesting looking product. I came across these a few months ago on a search for towing mirrors.

One major problem with the mirrors is that there is only one US distributor. The web site lists two distributors, Monroe Truck Equipment said that they don't handle them. One distributor means that they have a price lock on the product (no competition).

This is what I was able to find out about them:

1) They will fit Chev/GMC trucks 1999 to current
2) manual mirrors are part # 1000
3) power, heated mirrors are part # 1010
4) power, heated and lights are part # 1020
5) 2003+ power mirrors require kit #1090
6) They are made by Schefenacker of Australia (The largest auto mirror manufacturer in the world according to their web page)
7) They have a 3 year warranty

As of now I still haven't been able to get any specifications on the size of the mirror glass.

I am considering a set for my 2002 Chevy also.

Hope this helps.

Joe

[ 03-06-2003: Message edited by: Joe Pool ]</p>

RichBailey
11-25-2002, 09:42
I looked at these mirrors at the Aussie section of the SEMA show in Las Vegas. They are well made, look very solid with a double post extension. Covers are solid black and paintable, but a chrome cover is available.

The mirror assembly has a large flat moveable section and a convex manual moveable section closest to the door. Mirrors will slide outward 4.5" and claim they can see past a 102" wide load. They also have led clearance lights and turn signal lights available.

The website listed before is incorrect, it is:
www.ttt-mirror.com

RichBailey
11-25-2002, 17:48
Forgot to mention that Powervision also makes towing mirrors for our trucks. They extend electrically and are a single mirror. Glass is 6.5 x 10.5 and total width extended is 109". Pricing is $439 or $459 with heat.
www.powervisionmirrors.com

[ 11-25-2002: Message edited by: RichBailey ]</p>

Steve Cornell
11-25-2002, 19:29
I could have ordered the Powervision mirrors on my truck for the same price as the mirrors I got but at the time I was planning on using the Lucerix mirrors from my 01 but they were not heated and the wiring is different.

The GM power Towing mirrors are Powervision with heat and turn signals in the glass.

Joe Pool
01-16-2003, 15:15
Steve,

I put a set of the Schefenacker towing mirrors on my truck just after Christmas and so far I love them. I will try to post some pictures when I get back to St. Louis. I installed a set of the power/heated/lighted mirrors purchased directly ftom TTT on their website.
The mirrors have no vibration problems at all and the adjustable wide angle mirrors are excellent. The mirrors are very high quality in construction.

Joe

56Nomad
01-16-2003, 22:01
In my humble opinion, the Lucerix mirrors
look much nicer. TTT's are pretty angular
and appear to have much smaller mirrored
surface area.

Then again they might be suited for the
more angular look of the 03 Chevy.

I like my big Lucerix mirrors with or without
towing my 102" wide Toybox. They were a good
Investment.

Joe Pool
01-22-2003, 11:29
56Nomad,

I have used the stock power mirrors as well as a set of Roberts (Lucerix/CIPA) mirrors and can honestly say that the TTT mirrors are superior.

The main glass on the TTT mirrors is slightly smaller than the Lucerix mirrors, but the wide angle auxilliary mirror more than makes up for the size difference.

The TTT mirrors also fit the truck better, like the factory mirrors.

Joe

Maverick
01-22-2003, 21:30
Joe Pool,
Do you mind me asking how much the heated, power, and lighted mirrors were?

BKoopman
01-24-2003, 16:14
I just got my demo set on Mon. Installed them in about 45 min. Got the power, heated, signal mirrors. These replaced my Lucerix mirrors.

Size of the inside mirror is 4.25"h x 3.5"w and it is convex allowing a LARGE field of vision. The outside mirror is apprx 7"h x 9"w.

Have driven on the highway (speeds well in excess of the limit) without any vibration problems.

There are three versions (suggested retail):
Manual - $400
Electric w/Heat - $450
Electric w/Heat & Signals - $550

Very high build quality. Installation instructions are EXCELLENT (especially for the wiring aspect).

I would definitely recommend these mirrors (even if I didn't sell them)!

Buck
01-24-2003, 18:42
I going to have to check this out cuz' I work at Monroe Truck Equiptment. ;)

Maverick
01-24-2003, 18:48
Buck,
Shoot me an email please.

drgracr
01-28-2003, 20:28
Can someone with the Lucerix mirrors on their truck that tows a 102" wide enclosed car trailer approx 30-40' long
can you see down both sides of the trailer to the back corners. With the price of the mirrors by the time converted to Canadian $'s , I don't want to buy something that won't due the job..

thanks

Buck
01-29-2003, 12:27
I have the Lucerix mirrors and a Featherlite 102" wide enclosed car hauler (only 24' though) When the trailer is inline with the truck I can see down both sides fine. Can't see what is behind it unless it is about 20-30 ft back. I put some 3" convex mirrors on the lower outside corners on both sides and can see behind better. Especially "blind spots" (little cars next to the 4x4 sticker on pass side)

All in all they work fine, not sure if I would want them any wider.......(just fit in my credit union's drive thru) not to mention the car wash, it would be a pain to have to fold them in all the time (if they were wider) ;)

glclary
01-29-2003, 14:08
I tow a 102" wide x 35 foot camper. I have the Lucerix Mirrors. I cannot see down the side of my trailer when towing, expecially the curb side. I wish they extended further. My son says the truck looks like Mickey Mouse going down the road. ;)

Anybody wanna buy a set of Lucerix? Power but no heat. Make me an offer.

Regards,

Lee

TG
01-31-2003, 07:55
Can one of the TTT owners tell me how far the mirrors extend out from the side of the vehicle? I am trying to determine how well they would work with a 102" wide trailer.

Also, does anyone know how the non-lighted model look?

Many thanks!

TG smile.gif

Joe Pool
01-31-2003, 16:46
TG,

When not extended the outside end of the mirror is 17 1/2" (18" with lights) from the door amd when they are fully extended the distance is 22" (22 1/2" with lights).

I measured from the bottom edge of the mount to the maximum outside edge.

Hope this helps smile.gif

Joe

TG
01-31-2003, 19:42
Joe,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond! I remember seeing your name on an earlier thread. May I ask how you like the mirrors? Would you buy them again? Did you get the light option, and if so, do you feel it was worthwhile? Any problems/dislikes? Do you think they stick out too far during non-towing use? Do they work well for towing? I would sure like to see them in person before purchasing, but don't know where I would find them. The install directions don't seem too bad, but I am hesitant about pulling apart the panels on my doors - don't want to damage the new truck.

I would greatly appreciate your input Joe!!!

Many thanks in advance,

TG smile.gif smile.gif

TG
02-01-2003, 22:06
Joe,

Using your measurements, my 12-year-old son and I roughed out the total mirror width for my truck. Looks like 113" (extended), which should be more than enough to handle a 102" wide trailer. I believe the Power Vision mirrors total width is 109". I really like the appearance of the ttt mirrors. I was considering the non-lighted ones, but my wife likes the lighted - believes that it would increase safety when towing at night.

TG

TG smile.gif

Buck
02-04-2003, 13:27
Well, I got the same answer as Joe Pool "we don't handle them" I got down on them though because Monroe Truck is listed as a dealer.
Sorry fellas

Buck

johns
02-05-2003, 11:57
Has anyone towed a 102" trailer yet with these mirrors who cares to respond? I have the Lucerix mirrors with the convex addons and am not pleased at all towing my 102" wide trailer. I can see down the driver side, but not at enough of an angle to see behind me. Forget about the passenger side. I see the front corner of the trailer unless I hang over the console.

I am interested in replacing with these TTT mirrors if they work.