PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Audio \ Video System in my Silverado

Steve Cornell
11-23-2002, 19:23
I started working on the Audio \ Video system on the new 03 Silverado today, I installed 2 of the video displays.

I started a web page and will update it with pictures and information as the system comes together over the winter.

Here is the addy for the Web Page http://www.rtol.net/scornell/TI.htm

or you can click on my 2500HD link in my signature and the audio web page is linked from there.

[ 11-23-2002: Message edited by: Steve Cornell ]

[ 11-23-2002: Message edited by: Steve Cornell ]</p>

mdrag
11-23-2002, 21:11
REAL NICE!!! I like the front visor monitor...

chevmeister
12-02-2002, 19:02
good going steve you got the Mdrag wheel spinning again :D
Actually i like the rear viev in the impala SS. Think about it, a rear view in your truck that works even when the trailer is connected. one camera mounted next to the license plate the other on the back of the trailer.

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: chevmeister ]</p>

txguppy
12-02-2002, 20:18
One word:

COOL

txguppy

Steve Cornell
12-02-2002, 22:41
Actually, I plan on having a camera on the back of the trailer as well as one in the trailer so I can make sure the car is ok.... smile.gif
This is the main reason for the motorized monitor in the center console, so I can watch the cameras while the family watches movies or plays games :D

Jelisfc
12-02-2002, 23:52
Steve, I don't mean to switch gears but your Millennium boards look awesome! Were they difficult to install? I really like the one piece full length. It also looks like you have factory mud flaps.

Steve

Steve Cornell
12-03-2002, 16:52
Hi Steve,

I really like the Millennium boards, I had Westin step boards on my last 2 trucks but the step boards do nothing to protect the sides of the truck.

I installed the boards myself, J&J failed to send any mounting brackets with the boards then they sent the wrong brackets but they finally got me the right ones.

The instructions from J&J are pretty vague (thanks to AKDMAX for providing pictures of his J&J boards), the install is not that bad but very time consuming, several holes need to be drilled
into the pinch welds on the truck (if J&J had taken more time on the bracket design much of the drilling could have been avoided by using factory holes), I'm a bit anal when it comes to a $45,000 truck so I took my time and painted all the new drilled holes and used rubber emblem tape between the brackets and the truck body, I even painted the brackets body color even though you can't see them.

The boards are very solid and easily hold my 275 lbs, the boards attach only to the cab and not the bed but you can stand on the rear section with no problems, I like the fact that the boards are not attached to the bed since the cab and bed sometimes flex differently on rough terrain.

I ordered the LED lights from http://www.led-r-us.com/ (great people to deal with and great pricing) I used the 1259A and the
12571 mounting base, I wired the lights into the 5th wheel trailer wiring harness between the cab and the bed.
I also installed a plastic \ chrome trim strip on the top edge of the board so I wouldn't scratch the paint, I mounted the boards with about a 1\8" of clearance between the top of the board and the cab.

I ordered the J&J boards from Trail Blazers , the cost was $716 but $160 of that was freight, you can buy direct from J&J but they wanted $780 plus freight.

I have looked at about every board out there and I think the Millennium board is the best looking board I've seen yet.

Yes, I have the GM mudflaps, I went with the standard mudflap however and not the ones made for the fender flares, I was afraid that the ones for the flares would scratch the paint on my flares.

Jelisfc
12-03-2002, 21:40
Steve, Thanx for the info. I'll check out Trail Blazers tomorrow. The dealer for them in MN quoted me $790.00 shipping included then add tax and it's close to $850.00. 716.00 sounds much better.