PDA

View Full Version : Whos got the Auragen?

Pizza Man
09-29-2002, 19:19
Anybody have this generator installed on their Duramax?

Pizza Man
10-04-2002, 18:08
Any body know what it is?
www.aurasystems.com

MABurns
10-04-2002, 18:29
The Army has a few in some vehicles here. For the cost though you can get a good gas/lp/diesel genset. But they are nice. 4000 watts in a very small package.

IndigoDually
10-04-2002, 20:12
Do a search in the "Trucks and Drivetrain" forum. There was some talk about them a while ago and I think there is somebody out there that has one. I know that the discussion back then was about mounting and the availability of kits.

Good luck,

John

mfontana
10-04-2002, 21:23
Alternator/Generator:
5300 - 10000 watt combination belt-driven alternator/generator capable of providing dual DC and AC electrical power, simultaneously: 12 volts to operate the vehicle and charge batteries and 120 volts to operate auxiliary equipment.

Electronic Control Unit:
On-board, vehicle integrated power resource manager. Host to the necessary software and hardware that manages electrical output from the alternator/generator. Also, host to the built in test/built in test equipment (BIT/BITE) for system fault isolation.

Throttle Control Unit:
Provides a load following capability that adjusts engine speeds to load ratios. Currently, 5300-watts are available at an engine speed of 900 Rpm.

Convenience Outlets:
Ground fault protected circuits located on the right rear side of the vehicle. UL certified.

hickcox
10-04-2002, 21:43
I checked into getting one last year about this time but they didn't have a Duramax mounting plate at that time. I was laid off the next month and never bothered to check back.

The Allison dealership where I bought my transmission filters from is a authorized dealer/installer of the unit.

Here's a link to their website:
http://www.aurasystems.com