PDA

View Full Version : Smokin Deezul's Quickie Accel Pedal MOD!

SMOKIN DEEZUL
09-25-2002, 17:25
Well So Far I had 2 complaints on my Allimax powered GMC.. The cup holders are mounted to the floor(waiting on parts from GM) and the Accel pedal is hard to push down. My old Ford had a Quickie pedal from Diesel-Central.com and was one of Bryan, Physcostroker's brain child mods. He had cranked up the voltage Which I am still working on that and took out a spring. Well since were so dead at work(Ford Dealership) I pulled the GMC in to look at some things one was the accel pedal.

Here's the Mod,

Climb under the dash and look at the accel pedal assembly you will see a small 1/2in. in diameter by 2.5 to 3 in long spring right in front on the pedal towards the top kinda to the side to the Wiring harness. Remove the spring and then enjoy the light footed fun of not having to push so darn hard to get it to accelerate. I am SO HAPPY with this now to crank up the sensitivity so there isnt such a dead spot at when trying to get the truck from idle to moving. More to come!!!!! One of the cheapest mods you can do its FREE!

Greg

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: SMOKIN DEEZUL ]</p>

mdrag
09-25-2002, 19:45
SMOKIN DEEZUL,

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004161

Maybe you should have a talk with Wilky to see if we can figure this thing out ;) :D

Kennedy
09-25-2002, 21:06
From what I've seen, if you quicken the APP module, you will be out of control :eek:

Now I've heard the '03s push a little harder, but haven't driven one.

SMOKIN DEEZUL
09-25-2002, 21:14
I dont want to start trouble I just know the pedal was hard to push which I dont like. I got rid of the spring now it is easy to push. try it see if ya like it its not a hard modification it can be put back together. Now Mr. Kennedy thats the info I was looking for as far as the Module on the accel pedal is concerned just a slight adjustment on it and everything should be okay. let me tinker some more. I also have a ram air figured out also but gotta wait till sunday to get that done. should be a simple mod too

Greg

SoCalDMAX
09-26-2002, 11:27
I dunno... I'm not doubting your pedal is stiff or that your mod works, but I've never heard anyone say it was too stiff before. Be careful messing with the APP, the tranny uses it to determine when to shift and I have a theory that some who complained of too much downshifting into 4th were sending too high of an APP signal to the tranny.

My pedal is a little too touchy for city driving and I have to be very careful not to crush some little econobox taking off from the light.

Or is it some subconscious desire?... ;)

Regards, Steve

stretch
09-26-2002, 14:50
SMOKIN DEEZUL,
About that ram air set up, does it involve gutter pipe (leader). Just curious .... ;)

Kennedy
09-26-2002, 19:43
If you plan to run a power box, you'd best leave the APP module scaled as it is, or you'll be playing bumper tag :eek:

Alli-max
09-26-2002, 22:49
somebody on this site LOOOOOOVES gutter pipe. Ah, the help form your local home depot store.

SoCalDMAX
09-26-2002, 22:55
How come your best mod isn't in your sig?? ;)

Regards, Steve

SoCalDMAX
09-26-2002, 23:04
SMOKIN D,

I thought of a ram air setup for a while, but shortly after I bought the truck I managed to stuff the nose of it into muddy water, up to the headlights. I sat there, stunned, idling, looking at rippling water seemingly right up to the hood. The owner of the house just happened to have a bombed CTD and was more than happy to jerk me out of there backwards.

I was then glad my intake was as high as it is. I've since decided to make up some sort of aluminum cold air intake that merely shields the stock airbox from engine heated air. I didn't look too closely, but didn't see any easy way to do ram air from somewhere up high.

I'd love to see what you come up with. I may like your idea better. If I can come up with some setup to isolate the airbox from hot air, I'll share with all here.

Regards, Steve

SMOKIN DEEZUL
09-27-2002, 13:32
The Mod is in the Sig. Ya know everyone laughs at this mod but I am liking it and thats what's important I guess it didnt gain me any HP so its stupid and by the way every D-max I have driven the pedal is like stepping on a rock. As far as the ram air goes mine wont work really well if its up to the headlights in mud and water. See I did one on my Super duty that used the hole in the fender and the scoop was under the front bumper this on is the same concept.only routing the hose out of the filter straight down behind the headlight it works just looks like crap.

Greg

Toddster
09-30-2002, 17:36
Smokin, I love your pedal mod ! Gave my "Hot Juice" another 50 hp ! LOL

SMOKIN DEEZUL
09-30-2002, 21:46
Todd I am glad you liked the Mod. Can't wait till NOV 10th here in KC I am very curious to see what the truck does on the DYNO.

Greg

Alli-max
10-02-2002, 14:11
You happy slappy?? Just for you SoCal... Mod has changed. smile.gif

sdaver
10-04-2002, 06:20
HEY JUST GET YOU SOME JUICE OR SUPER JUICE THEN YOU DONT HAVE TO PUSH THE PEDAL SO FAR.........DAVE :D