PDA

View Full Version : Big O tires

Buck
11-02-2003, 09:56
When I was in Wyoming a couple weeks ago, I seen lots of trucks with Big "O" XT tires. Does anyone have any experience with them or know what sizes/load ratings are available? Couldn't find any info like that :confused: I was wondering if they make an E rated 285,305 or 33" dia. for 16" rims?

Camstyn
11-02-2003, 11:41
They are very popular around here, the Big Foot X/T is an excellent tire for all conditions and gets decent wear for such an agressive tread. They are available in 255-75R16 (33") as well as most other common sizes, not sure about the ten-ply. You can only buy these at a Big O Tire location.

ski
11-02-2003, 22:38
check the link.

http://www.bigotires.com/index.asp?PG=2&Sub=12b&CatID=01BIG38

i ran the the XTs in the 255 85 and got 50K out of them. their warranty is second to none also. only issue is the limited number of dealerships and are located predominantly here in the west. I know the 245s are a ten ply and have a rating of over 3200 lbs.

Buck
11-03-2003, 10:21
WOW 255/85/16! :D The only other decent tire I found in this size was the BFG MT, but they are to noisy on the street for me! I guess I found my next winter tire ;) If only it snowed around here :rolleyes:

Dmax Cutter
11-06-2003, 18:25
:D On the advice of my dealer, I chose the LT265/75 R16 Big O with E rating. While it is not as aggressive as the XT it is an excellent tire. I just returned from a mountain trip in SE BC and I have to say that I was extremely impressed by the ride (average 110 km) on the road and the offroad with generous inclines in both mud and snow to about 10 inches (fairly dry)was also impressive. Without a doubt it beats any other AT tire I have tried.
I have used Big O tires for years due to a truly great dealer. However, this time I am genuinely impressed with this tire.

heavydutydieselman3
11-19-2003, 08:18
Originally posted by Dmax Cutter:
:D On the advice of my dealer, I chose the LT265/75 R16 Big O with E rating. While it is not as aggressive as the XT it is an excellent tire. I just returned from a mountain trip in SE BC and I have to say that I was extremely impressed by the ride (average 110 km) on the road and the offroad with generous inclines in both mud and snow to about 10 inches (fairly dry)was also impressive. Without a doubt it beats any other AT tire I have tried.
I have used Big O tires for years due to a truly great dealer. However, this time I am genuinely impressed with this tire. how much did they cost. didnt see any prices on web site. thanks hddm3