PDA

View Full Version : HEY CHECK THIS OUT DYNO ON YOUR DASH

sdaver
11-20-2002, 20:04
http://www.dynorad.com/ TALKED WITH DENNIS AT DYNORAD IT WILL WORK WITH A DIESEL WITH A FACTORY TACH.........USES FACTORY SPEED SENSORS...$200.00....I WILL HAVE ONE... :D DAVE

SoCalDieselNewbie
11-21-2002, 13:31
rather cool

I knew it was only a matter of time considering how computerized our vehicles have become.

First, I know what you meant by "on your dash" and I am not grilling you on it but I definitely would not have it on my dash. It wouldn't be used enough to warrant dash space.

Only guages that need monitoring, like an EGT & Boost guage, receive 'eye line' or 'in driving vision' mounting positions.

However, if you have one, the CD cubby in the center console would be a nice place.

I have seen a couple of clean installs of propane switches, propane tank level guage and etc in that location.

It should be able to fit in there along with a ton of other stuff.

Depending on your preference, you could use the factory flap to cover that "stuff" or remove the flap and have it always visible.

Bottomline, I'll probably be joining you... the temptation is too great. :D

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDieselNewbie ]</p>

Colorado Kid
11-21-2002, 18:36
I hope it will work...our tachs, unlike every other diesel tach I know of, is driven by an anlog voltage out of the ECM (That is to say our tachs are just DC volt meters with relabled scales). There is no digital tach signal generated by the alternator as is usually done for diesels.

sdaver
11-25-2002, 07:23
i figure a pig tail wire under the cup holder.......to plug and unplug........on the dash was just a figure of speech........ :D dave