PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Accessories

bearman
11-19-2002, 20:22
Hey all
I have finally saved enough to buy myself some more toys for my truck. I want new rims and tires, I have looked all over Alberta for 19.5" and adaptors, but all the tire guys just stare at me blankley. Who in Canada has after market rims and where did you get them, what is there capacity, and are they tough enough to take lots of gravel, salt mud, ect???, I want to put a taller tire on for more clearance. I also want to buy the Juice and some gauges (pyro and boost). All I can find is Easy Amp, is this the same as Juice or what??? Any body with info or pics would be nice. I would love to order from the States but getting it across the border, shipping ect. is very $$$$$. Any help would be great.
Cheers
Bear

pitboss
11-19-2002, 21:53
Alcoa for one makes 19.5's:

http://www.alcoawheels.com/n_america_new.asp

Canadian Wheel Industries in Calgary (403)279-7467 should be able to hook you up.

EZ Amp is made by Edge, programmed by BD Power in BC. Both 90HP versions have same power but subtle differences. I ran the Amp on my '02 with no problems whatsoever, ever. I'm reflashing it and putting it on my '03 when I get past 2,000 kms. Order from BD, or Taber Diesel is down your way. Don't know any dealers in the Hat. BD doesn't have "Super"Juice (120HP) yet, but warns of tranny slipping at that level. They say they're working on a tranny upgrade.

I got Autometer gauges and pillar mount from 4Wheel Parts in Edm. Lotsa shops can get you those.

bearman
11-19-2002, 23:32
Thanks PitBoss
I talked to CWI in Calgary and they diden't know anything about the adaptors, and as for trying to get the Hot Shot 16" wheeles, they said mabey in a year or so. I have been talking to Taber Diesel about the Amp box. They want $1395 for it and for gauges and pillar pod they want $650 for them installed, does this sound right.
Cheers
Bear

pitboss
11-21-2002, 22:24
A couple of others for 19.5's are Rickson and Accuride. Accuride has a couple of locations in Ontario:

http://www.accuridecorp.com

You might try Tire Warehouse - make sure you talk to the boss because they can order in just about anything you can name, but some of the help don't know that or won't make the effort.

On the gauges, I paid $100 for the pillar, $20 to get it color-matched, $88 boost, $200 EGT (both Autometer carbon-fibre), and $200 install (all $Cdn), so $595 looks right. I picked up the pillar and had it color-matched at a body shoip then took it back for the install.

On the EZ-Amp, I paid $1359 and BD shows that on their site. I looked at US Juice sites and with exchange and shipping you might beat it, but it's marginal. At $.62 or whatever it is today, you'd have to get a Juice for well under $800US to even think about it and most sites want about that much.

letsgo
11-22-2002, 08:45
NOTE

If you have the following problem is GM GOING TO REFUSE fix under warrentee????????????

NickLeinonen
11-22-2002, 18:05
you might want to check out canadian tire for the gauge pods and gauges.. you can order them through the keystone catalog. they might have some competive prices...

bearman
11-23-2002, 11:54
letsgo
Thanks for the advice, but I have a great dealership, I had larger tires on my 2001 and they said they diden't worry about it, and I went through 2 trannys. They just installed a Wabasto heater in my truck for free, they wanted to train a tech on these trucks and thought of me. For anyone that runs these trucks in the winter I would highly recomend one of these units. I run mine for 30 min @ -20 deg c and the engine is at full operating temp and the cab is as warm as toast. Just fire up the engine and drive away.
Cheers
Bear

HDLD
11-23-2002, 17:50
Bearman - exactly what model of the Webasto did you get installed. What would they have charged, normally? Thinking of getting one myself.

bearman
11-23-2002, 23:10
HDLD
Not sure of what the model is but it is made specifically for the Dmax. It comes with a timer and remote is optional. Cost installed they tell me is +/- $1700 (Can) without remote
Cheers
Bear

et
01-12-2003, 15:48
Bearman,

I just obtained a new Webasto heater that was intended to be installed into another brand of vehicle as a supplimentary heater. I know the part number to upgrade it to be able to also perform as a preheater as you have in your truck. I am not aware of the specific mounting kit for the Silverado/Sierra Duramax Trucks. Could you give me the name, telephone number, or email address of the dealer that did your Webasto install?

My email address is: e j s cott@skyride.net
Remove the first three spaces in the email address.

The nearest dealer to me according to the new Webasto Website is in Idaho.

Thanks, E. T. Scott

[ 01-12-2003: Message edited by: et ]</p>