PDA

View Full Version : security system haywire

jlars
08-09-2003, 22:37
Twice today I locked truck, went into store, came out to hear horn honking and lights flashing. All I did was lock the doors. I tried it when I got home and now my remote does not lock door. It only honks horn when I push red horn button. Does anyone know how to disable security system or has had similar problems? I tried both remotes. This is on a 2001.

mackin
08-10-2003, 08:15
Originally posted by jlars:
Twice today I locked truck, went into store, came out to hear horn honking and lights flashing. All I did was lock the doors. I tried it when I got home and now my remote does not lock door. It only honks horn when I push red horn button. Does anyone know how to disable security system or has had similar problems? I tried both remotes. This is on a 2001. I've seen the Fobs miss behave due to weak battery and or dirty on the inside of the unit .... I would start there if'in I were you ...

Mac ;)

AbqGeorge
08-11-2003, 20:38
Let's see, '01, original batteries. Yep, could be due?

Also, someone posted here recently a link to GM's Tech Link site. I seem to recall an item there about reprogramming the units to clear up some sort of problem????