PDA

View Full Version : No Glasscape for me!

TallyMax
07-10-2002, 19:27
I haven't seen any posts on this item so I thought I would share my experience.I just put one of those neat looking Glasscape images on my back window this weekend. It keeps a lot of sun out and you can't see in from outside. Really liked the thing until it rained that night. The product manufacturer says vision is somewhat distorted when wet, because the hundreds of holes in the material fill with water. Crap, I had to look hard to even see my tailgate. I would've hated to be in a tight situation like hooking up to a trailer or backing into a parking space. I left it on for one more rain experiment today. It rain...Result: that puppy came off tonight! Could've lost a lot more that the $90 it cost. Oh well, win some loose some. :mad:

SDWA
07-10-2002, 20:06
Well now, don't forget to take that out of your signature... ;)

Scott

TallyMax
07-10-2002, 20:16
You can stick a fork in it, cause it's done! :D

MaxRock
07-11-2002, 16:26
That's interesting. I had a glasscape on my '79 pickup. This glasscape was installed from the inside with double stick tape?? Could this possibly work for the type you installed?

MaxRock

NutNbutGMC
07-11-2002, 19:24
^...Don't forget the Rebel flag... LMAO... :D :D

IndigoDually
07-11-2002, 20:04
That's what mirrors are for. Mine don't really bother me since I am used to driving trucks that don't have a mirror on the windshield like dump trucks and such. Losing the ability to look out the back window isn't the end of the world.

John