PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum

sacmandmax
07-10-2002, 17:03
Hello, I have a few question concerning 5th wheel hitches. There are so many out there on the market and everybody say's there hitch is better. We are not sure which one we should get. We do not own a 5th wheel as of yet, but plan on purchasing one within the next couple of month's.nothing bigger than a 26 footer. any help on which brand of hitch would be greatly appreciated. We are figuring that the trailer will weigh around 10k? fully loaded.
Also, How do i add pic's to my signature?

thanks
craig & gretchen

2002 silverado duramax/allison
crewcab, longbox, 2wd
mfg. 02/02

Turbo Al
07-10-2002, 17:25
Sacmandmax: Hi and welcome to the forum. I am going to transfer this post over to the accessories forum. If you run a search (key word "fifth wheel" on this forum and the accessories forum you will find a lot of info. The posts on this forum were make before the accessories forum came into being.
Goodluck
Turbo AL

CSDMAX
07-10-2002, 21:09
Hello sacmandmax,

Welcome to the BB. I have a 35.5' 5th wheel myself and I have a 20k Valley Industries 5th wheel hitch.(http://www.valleyindustries.com/) I have had no problems with it all. I am very pleased this is equipment. Another good manufacterer is Reese (http://www.reeseprod.com/). There are many different makes and sizes.(10k, 15k, etc,). Check around on the web.

IndigoDually
07-11-2002, 20:15
If you want pics in your signature you will have to have a site host them such as picturetrail. Then just add a link in your signature to your site. Check out mine below. They will host a bunch of pics for free and you can buy more space if you like.

John

DetroitBob
07-11-2002, 21:42
Sacman. I just installed a Pulliam Super 5th hitch on my 3500 D/A. Had it on another GMC. I really like it . Bought it from Camping World about 6 years ago. They make custom brackets for the 2001/2002 2500/3500 Chevy/GMC trucks. Good luck

BoB

lor
07-13-2002, 16:40
Make sure your hitch has the capability to rock side to side and front to back. It allows you to hitch and unhitch when the truck and trailer are not on the same level. Without this feature the hitch can bind and it's tough to release.

Reno DMAX
07-15-2002, 14:20
sacmandmax,

You might want to look over the posts at The Open Roads Forum rv.net There's a lot of experienced RVers there.